PDA

View Full Version : first hunt of the new year finds a 6 coin pocket spill with a couple of 1916's

Hook
01-07-2013, 05:27 PM
But they are wheats . i hit a house built in 1880 sunday, and i went back sunday also. saturdays finds were enough to keep me waiting to see the silver in the hole, but it was not to be. My finds saturday were 9 wheats, including 2 1916's, and a couple of 1918's also. The neatest find was a wheat stuck to the face of a 1903 V nickel, part of a 6 coin spill. 5 wheats and the V, come ON!! no dimes in that pocket:huh:
sundays hunt was rather uneventful, just 5 wheats and an interesting coin, one a longgggggggggg way from home. a 1959 canada 5 cent . i'm a long trip from canada here in southwest louisiana i tell ya!

i just cant believe the lack of silver in that yard. I would have almost bet my detector i would end up with some, but not to be. With a couple jefferson nickels from the 50's sunday, i guess i could call it a nic trifecta with the V, the jeff's, and the canada one. naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PS...i dug a walker and a silver washington in the last week or so,and if i can pry the camera from mhy daughters teenaged hands i may take some pics abd show you guys.

i havent posted here in a long time, due to lack of detecting and lack of finds. but i think i'll have some new spots soon, and with a little luck i'll have some goodies to share with you all! HH and thanks for looking an HH!

Tony Two-Cent
01-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Great to see a post from you, Hook! :yes:

Some nice finds there and great photos! I love the wheatie and V Nickel that were stuck together!

We would love to see the Walker if you get your camera back from your daughter! thumbsup01

buck57
01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Great finds there Hook. thumbsup01. All them wheaties, you would of thought silver would be plentiful. Looking forward to seeing you new spot finds. Good hunting to ya.

aloldstuff
01-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Wheats and a V make for a good post. :congrats: on that coin spill, sorry about there not being any silver. Looking forward to the updates on your new spots.

Ill Digger
01-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Nice to see a post from ya Hook!! :yes: thumbsup01
And the finds ain't to shabby either! |:cheering:
Congrats! :grin:
Finding coins that old in a spot.... :eyebrow: there's GOT to be some silver laying around there somewhere! :confused: :hairpulling:
Good luck at the new spots thumbsup01..... but I'd re-hunt this place again. :yes: lol

Hook
01-08-2013, 08:29 AM
thanks for all the nice comments everyone! i'll be hunting this yard again real soon, count on it :happy:

OxShoeDrew
01-08-2013, 03:25 PM
I wish I could :detecting: the year 'round. Some nice recoveries there Hook, good luck on future visits.