PDA

View Full Version : new camera

DAN03USMC
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi all. I bought a new camera and have been messing around with it.

This is an update on my tree coin. I sent it out to be graded.......Authentic with AU Details! So it is the real deal.
I am pretty happy with the outcome. Here are some better pics.

Epi-hunter
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
That is just the most awesome coin ever. :smitten: :smitten: Congratulations!!

Nice photos too! :)

Ill Digger
01-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Well... :shocked01: the camera works great! :yes:
It shows the great detail, on that awesome coin very well !! :wow:
She's at the top of the class too! AU grade is outstanding!! |:cheering:
Congrats! :grin:

OxShoeDrew
01-08-2013, 04:00 PM
wow! That is great! I'm going to pm you regards the process.

Fire Fighter 43
01-09-2013, 07:37 PM
It looks like the camera works great.

aloldstuff
01-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Nice pictures and great coin. Was there any doubt as to the authenticity of the coin?

RobW
01-10-2013, 08:47 AM
:drool:.......who cares about the camera.....though it is a nice pic....but that coin is GORGEOUS :shocked04:

DAN03USMC
01-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks all. I should have also included that this was an update on a coin I found in Feb/March 2011.

The camera that I got is the Nikon Coolpix s8200. I am not a tech guy and it is very easy to use. I may even try my hand at video.

Aloldstuff- I never had any doubt that is was real. I found it at a 1600's home site. It is just that some people think that a find like this is too good to be true. Durring the process of getting info and grading on this coin everyones first reaction was its probablly a fake or repro. The Red Book value on this coin is $10,000. So, I think when you are talking values like that, it brings out the cynics. They always follow up by saying there are a lot of fakes out there
NOBODY will touch these coins untill you have the officially authenticated by a recognized agency.

as I was writing this I thought to myself....can you imagine if one of those weirdos on &quot:grin:IGGERS found this.......they do flips when they find a square nail. If they found a tree coin I think their head would explode.

I am going to add a little more info in the post is an Etrac really necessary in the coin shooting section.

Ill Digger
01-10-2013, 10:33 AM
as I was writing this I thought to myself....can you imagine if one of those weirdos on &quot:grin:IGGERS found this.......they do flips when they find a square nail. If they found a tree coin I think their head would explode.
<} :hysterical: rofl I think you might be right! lol