PDA

View Full Version : Two Days / 450 Miles / 4 Organs / Time with my son.......Priceless!!

milco
01-10-2013, 08:43 PM
I spent two fantastic days with my oldest son this week traveling over 400 miles, taking in two organ concerts, visiting an organ builder's shop in Chicago and my son getting to play four different fantastic instruments!

What a remarkable two days we had!

Ill Digger
01-11-2013, 12:11 AM
:shocked04: Wow! Those are some BIG pipes!! :yes: lol
I had no idea your son was a musician .... :confused: come to think about it I don't think I even knew you had a son :dontknow: lol
But seriously... I agree. Any time you can spend with your kids is priceless :yes:
Glad to hear you boys had a good time! thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
01-11-2013, 07:00 AM
That's terrific, Darren! I'm sure it was a nice bonding experience for you both. :yes:

Great photos of your son, and wonderful instruments that few people get to play in their lifetime.

del
01-11-2013, 07:07 AM
wow some incredible looking organ set-ups they must of sounded sweet , he must of been in awe playing them (i bet it was a good while before the grin on his face went away after playing them , huh) . great pictures Darren

chief5709
01-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Wow that is cool. |:cheering:

If you're every on tour again you should check this out http://www.gbgm-umc.org/schuylerville/smcorgan.htm
it is in the village that I live in.

aloldstuff
01-11-2013, 11:27 AM
What a great time you both must of had. Those organs look fantastic. Your son looks quite happy to be sitting in front of one of them. Probably thinking how can I get Dad to get me one of these.... rofl

angellionel
01-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Priceless indeed, Darren! :clapping: Those are going to be treasured memories for sure. :yes: Great photos by the way! thumbsup01

buck57
01-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Yea Darren, there ain't nothing better than spending time with family, espically your youngins :grouphug:

milco
01-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Wow that is cool. |:cheering:

If you're every on tour again you should check this out http://www.gbgm-umc.org/schuylerville/smcorgan.htm
it is in the village that I live in.

Cool! Thanks for the link, I will forward that to my son. That is a very old tracker and amazing that it is still functional after all of those years. They require regular maintenance and TLC!

Epi-hunter
01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Wow :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked01:

You will never forget that time with him!

When I was his age I played the organ too - church, and did concerts and hired out for fashion shows and other events when in middle school. But ended up switching to the piano in high school.

I can't even imagine playing that kind of organ. I would have been in complete awe. I thought our church organ with the three keyboards and the wooden pedals was a big deal. Just incredible. You will cherish that time forever :smitten: He must be an amazing musician!

Cheap Thrills
01-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Great post milco !! You have a son to be proud of and I suspect he is an incredibly talented
musician . :congrats: Very nice pictures and written text also . Wow !! what a great experience shared by you and your son . :yes: I think sometimes we forget that the people who post here are more than metal detectorists showing their finds and have other facets and things goings on in their lives .Your post brought back some &quot:daydream:rganic Memories to me . My parents and I lived down the street from the Schoenstein Family In the Fifties ( real nice folks ) and I used to see Korla Pandit around town when he used to do his concerts at the old San Bruno Movie theater in San Francisco (his turban was a real eye catcher) :shocked03: .It's great that You tube has some of his performances
and info on him . I just watched his rendetion of Misirlou and the video organ celebrities #27 . I also saw him on tv a few times . A very talented and skillfull musician and a unique individual . Happy new Year !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

milco
01-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Great post milco !! You have a son to be proud of and I suspect he is an incredibly talented
musician .

Thank you and cool stories you shared as well! My oldest son is 16 and he has been playing the organ for 5 years and studying under organ teachers for the past three. He has played piano since age 5. And yes I am very proud of him and I really enjoy his playing too! Aside from playing at church and Christian music he is mostly interested in Bach and the Baroque period more than anything else.

Fire Fighter 43
01-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Very cool Darren, it looks like you and your son had a great time. I love the sound of those big organs.

jkress
01-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Wow... what a trip. :peace:

Such a wonderful experience to share with your son. :smitten: Thanks for sharing with us and very well done on the pictures. :)