PDA

View Full Version : Gold or Junk?

buck57
01-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Finally had a chance to get out yesterday morning, and just in time. Had an inch or two of sleet and snow by late afternoon.
Went back to the High School football field where we have been cleaning up on some battery money and found this chain. To me, it looks like Gold :grin: , but the wife is laughing at me rofl
So my question is, if it's not a ring where you can see the # k on it, how can you tell if you have the real thing? Thanks and HH all, Eric

CTDirtFisher
01-13-2013, 09:18 AM
That color looks like copper... but hard to tell anything froma picture... Do you have acid to test ?? If not a jewler should be your next stop with that puppy :-)

CtDirtFisher

buck57
01-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Hey CTDirtFisher, where do you get that acid test kit?

nicklehead
01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
You can buy acid test kits with or without diamond testers on e-bay for less than 50 bucks but it's so much easier to go to a coin shop or gold and silver exchange and have them test it for you. Plus you'll most likely get a better price there ,if it's real.

I can't tell from your pic if the clasp is there or not. That is where hallmarks will be located on a chain. If it says GP , your wife is right-----again!

buck57
01-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Hey thanks for the info nicklehead. No, the clasp is missing, so I think it's off to the gold & silver exchange shop.