PDA

View Full Version : my meager 1st hunt of 2013

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Got out with Todd yesterday.we hiked our butts off.the cellar hole looked awesome after that hike! :shocked03: but, it was pretty hammered :-\

jkress
01-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Love the pictures!! :smitten: Especially the first one.

I'd hike my butt off for a shot to get my coil over the ground of a place like this. :drool: Heavily hunted or not... it would be fun.

Congrats on squeaking out a few more finds from here. :clapping: Best of luck to you this year :beerbuddy: and I'm looking forward (as always) to
your adventures. :->

aloldstuff
01-14-2013, 05:54 AM
Dave, it sure was a nice day to go detecting. At least you got some buttons and that star one looks pretty cool. As Joe stated, looking forward to your adventures this year. Can't get a copper everytime, even though most of us expect one from you..... rofl.

chief5709
01-14-2013, 06:34 AM
I like the button. and WoW no snow and detecting in January :beerbuddy:

buck57
01-14-2013, 07:44 AM
:wow: You and Todd got some nice country side to hunt in. Nice variety of finds thumbsup01

OxShoeDrew
01-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Dave, is that a coin on top of the 3rd pic down? Not a skunk though, unless you consider dandies a skunk, we don't, yet :grin:

del
01-14-2013, 03:35 PM
great looking site , don't ya just hate when they look so good and you can just feel the coppers somming out of the ground and you slowly realize its been pounded to death. :shocked04:verreaction: :girlcry: hey the button is a nice one |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
01-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Doesn't look like to bad of a hunt. At least your hunting we are frozen in for a few more months.

Thiltzy
01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
I was literally wipeing the drool off of my chin when we first found the site. :drool:

It was quite the accomplishment that Dave and I even found this site and He wasn't kidding about hiking are butts off to find this place. I did feel a sense of satisfaction that we did locate this spot but, it was certainly hammered well before we got to it. I pulled ton's of square nails and bullet casings and a pewter spoon and knife but that was it.

Dave, that button looks great and the handle thingy looks very cool cleaned up. Looks almost like a mug handle. My favorite find of yours is the clad quarter that I see you snuck in the pics :hysterical:

These are my pics of the cellar hole I took as I was drooling over myself :daydream:
The last pic I dug what looks to be a cart or wagon hitch, the ends hook over :thinkingabout:

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-16-2013, 08:22 PM
best signal of the day was that clad quarter right by the well >:{ 1987 probably left as a joke from the guy that pounded the place in 1987

Thiltzy
01-16-2013, 08:36 PM
rofl

best signal of the day was that clad quarter right by the well >:{ 1987 probably left as a joke from the guy that pounded the place in 1987