PDA

View Full Version : The Crew Got Out!

Bell-Two
01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Well the crew got together while we could Saturday enjoying the decent weather. We visited three home sites owned by the same gentleman and had some decent finds. Doug had a total of 13 Wheaties and two tokens, one for Crystal White Soap and the other for laundry bluing. Malachi had a decent day finding 7 Wheaties including a 3 coin spill and a 2 coin spill and a good luck token. I brought up the rear with 6 Wheaties but there were a few oldies among them. While Diane took home the prize today, a nice bell, a Wheatie and a very nice 1820 Large Cent. We had a great time and can't wait to get out again.

Hunting With Bell-Two #109 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaCHgscf9p4&feature=share&list=UUGoremIxqV MFX1uW7k1mB0A#ws)

buck57
01-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Great wheatie day there Tony :congrats: Where's all the silver at :thinkingabout: You all have plans for a re-hunt?
Good hunting to ya...

leslie(nova scotia)
01-15-2013, 07:31 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....great to see folks still getting out and finding history. Supe large cent and a great kick off to 2013. <;)

Bell-Two
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Great wheatie day there Tony :congrats: Where's all the silver at :thinkingabout: You all have plans for a re-hunt?
Good hunting to ya...

Maybe, the one house where Diane got the Large Cent we have been there twice, one of the other places was a junk pile, the third gave up the most wheats. Probably we will hit the fields again as soon as they dry out some.

Full Metal Digger
01-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Nice finds Tony! I really like the spoon. It has an interesting shape. I soaked my large cent in room temperature hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) for 4 hours and then used a soft brass brush. The gunk came off pretty easy. Somehow I knew Diane would have the best find of the day! Must be a women's luck thing. HH, Dave.

Ill Digger
01-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Oh boy! :wow: The Bell 2 Crew is off and running already here in 2013! :happy: :clapping: lol
Great finds by all! thumbsup01 But I gotta say Diane's LC takes the cake for the day! :perfect10:
Way to go guys....and gal! lol
Congrats! :grin:

CTDirtFisher
01-16-2013, 07:04 AM
My brother called me from Hubbard Ohio on Saturday and said it was 64 there !! WoW.... Glad you guys could get out and recover some targets :-)

Paul

Tony Two-Cent
01-16-2013, 07:07 AM
I'm glad that you all were able to get out for a hunt and get some nice finds, Tony! Diane's large cent is a real beauty! Not much wear on it at all.

:congrats:

aloldstuff
01-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Digging in Ohio in Jan., who'd of thought. Some great finds and really like that LC.

Epi-hunter
01-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Some great finds - thanks for sharing! Glad you were able to get out before the freeze. :yes: