PDA

View Full Version : First post of 2013

skribnodsister
01-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Okay, Okay maybe I didn't find them this year but I did do a little cleaning on them this year. Does that count for this years postings?? Can you tell I'm desperate!!! >:{ Every time I come on here and see all your guys awesome finds-it's just like dangling candy in front of a two year old just out of his reach- :hysterical: Didn't post this one last year cause I couldn't get it clean with soap & water and toothbrush so I got the sos pads out wow they work pretty good on aluminum. The before and after picture. The front says: Unveiling of Grants Statue June 3 1891 and the Back says Gen. Grants Home. The next thing I think is part of a suspender maybe and the last one is maybe part of a tie clasp. Thanks for looking and Happy :detecting: Donna

dave in iowa
01-15-2013, 11:55 PM
I've been to Grants home , its only about 40 miles from my town in Galena .Ill. great find the statue is in Grant Park in Galena i think .....

Ill Digger
01-16-2013, 01:08 AM
... so I got the sos pads out wow they work pretty good on aluminum.. .
:wow: The SOS pad did work wonders on that token! thumbsup01
It's a cool find too! :cool: A piece of local history saved! <:
Way to go Donna! :clapping:
Congrats! :grin:
:shocked01: I can't say I've ever seen a suspender buckle like that one before :dontknow: But I like it! ;) lol

Tony Two-Cent
01-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Those a great finds, Donna! I have been to Grant's home in Galena too. I love that town, so much history there! That token is a nice piece of history.

And I must agree with Tim, that suspender buckle is very cool and unusual! thumbsup01

:congrats:

aloldstuff
01-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks for posting this, I never thought of using an SOS on aluminum. Some nice finds and that is a strange looking suspender clip.

Rob L
01-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Nice finds. The SOS realy did a good job. The token or medal looks great. I've used SOS on some large cents that were toast, and I was even able to get a date off some. Wouldn't use it on something I thought had some value. Congrats.

milco
01-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Cool finds, love the token! I also have been to Grant's home. For Midwestern history buffs a visit to Galena, IL is tough to top, it is a very cool place.

Epi-hunter
01-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Very cool finds, thanks for posting! :clapping:

jkress
01-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Interesting keepers. :clapping: Nice finds Donna. Hope our paths cross again in 2013. :beerbuddy:

Fire Fighter 43
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Congrats on some nice finds, that suspender buckle is very cool and unique. WTG |:cheering:

Thiltzy
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Some great amricana finds :congrats: