PDA

View Full Version : Ax me no questions lol

castletonking
01-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Here are a few more finds I've made..obviously ones an ax,though I have no idea of an age on it or what kind of ax it is., I found it buried over a foot deep near an old cellar hole (with a huge maple growing in the center of it) I also found what I believe to be a sewing bird at the same spot...the other i think is a spigot(again modern or old..no idea) for a barrel,found in my own field which produces colonial finds..the domed embossed item,I'm not sure of what it is..a collar? sorry the pix are kinda hazy,havin problems with my camera

castletonking
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
no ideas on what i got guys?

Ill Digger
01-17-2013, 11:58 AM
no ideas on what i got guys?
I think your right on the ax head and the barrel tap. :thinkingabout: As far as the other items.... :dontknow:
The round piece with the hole in the center looks like a trim piece off of a ceiling fixture maybe? And the other item looks familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it right now. :confused:

chief5709
01-17-2013, 12:07 PM
looks like a 79 Kennedy Half to me :drool:

castletonking
01-19-2013, 09:36 AM
looks like a 79 Kennedy Half to me :drool:
hahahahahahaha i just used that as a size reference lol

castletonking
01-19-2013, 09:39 AM
I found out the item that looks like a clamp is called a sewing bird. well its just the frame of it.but cool anyway

del
01-19-2013, 10:06 AM
i agree with Tim the one item does look to be an old wooden keg tap , and your right about the sewing or quilting clamp , they come in a lot of different styles ( from plain to the very ornate bird designs).

Dan