PDA

View Full Version : Windy Saturday Hunt, Large Cent Button and Token

Bell-Two
01-21-2013, 03:31 PM
We went out Saturday with the Crew, while the temps hit the upper 40's the wind was close to that in speed! As we were walking in the fields at times you felt it almost push you over...and if you know me that takes a powerful wind! We hunted two fields and had moderate success with Doug having the find of the day with a Large Cent, not sure of date but believe 1838 from the head style and reverse. I had a relic type day with two nice buttons, a flat button and a decorated button that says on back mark Rich Gold. There is still in small spots a bit of the gilt on it. The back of the other button is hard to read, I can make out Super and Strong. I also found a Ronson lighter that dates from the 40's to 50's, a nice Brass buckle, horse tack ring with a bit of leather still attached, Yale lock and a small Brass tap. My best find was a Lingo's Hardware token from Lebanon Ohio, looked it up in Ohio Merchant's Token Book and it dates 1909. Diane and Malachi were shut out of any good finds, but that is the way fields are at times.

aloldstuff
01-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Nice LC and buttons. Sat had some great weather for a hunt. :congrats: on all your keepers

Fire Fighter 43
01-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Nice LC, congrats on a good hunt.

Ill Digger
01-22-2013, 12:07 AM
:thinkingabout: So the token is only good for 5¢ in trade?! lol Pretty tricky! \:hammer: rofl
I love finding those trade tokens! :smitten: That's a cool one Tony! :cool: |:cheering:
As hard as it is to find LCs around here, I think I'd rather find the token :dontknow: :crazy: lol
Right now I'd just take a little swing time! :detecting: crying01 So everyone did better than me this past weekend! :envious: lol
Congrats all ! :grin:

CTDirtFisher
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Just getting a hunt in January is great... Getting a January hunt in with a bunch of keepers - :omg:

:congrats:
Paul

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-22-2013, 12:32 PM
some great finds right there! love those token types