PDA

View Full Version : Diggers

zrickkid
01-21-2013, 03:53 PM
The diggers seem harmless and look like they would be a hoot to go on a hunt with. Savage on the other hand seems like a snake oil salesman at best and a major discredit to the hobby. :pirate:

396nova
01-23-2013, 10:03 PM
I like watching them. They get some good locations to hunt. I would rather see more swing and less talking, but that is how they make shows like that. The Ring Master and King George`s finds have not been that great, I would like to watch some of the members of this forum detecting, their finds are more impressive. :perfect10: Here in WI, watching is all we can do now, have to wait for things to thaw out, or travel to a warmer climate. :frozen:

Shooter1
01-24-2013, 05:27 AM
Finding a nice coin is exciting but they seem a little melodramatic to me, almost corny. If I made a good find I wouldn't jump up and down roll over, climb a tree or p my britches.

aloldstuff
01-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Finding a nice coin is exciting but they seem a little melodramatic to me, almost corny. If I made a good find I wouldn't jump up and down roll over, climb a tree or p my britches.

RobW would.......... rofl

Cousin Cheech
01-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Everyone that I know who has seen the show has the same comments/remarks about these guys... and they all go something like this...corny idiots too much & ridiculous... and I have to say that after watching two episodes, I feel the same way. I understand its TV and they have to be interesting enough to keep the viewers attention, but these guys are too silly...

I love MD'ing and I love finding cool old stuff, but never would I encourage or teach people or kids getting into the hobby that this is acceptable behavior!!! Diggers has done something for me, if nothing else it has gotten me out of my mid-winter, don't think of MD'ing mind set. Western Massachusetts is being blanketed with a couple inches of snow as I write this! So because of the show I've set my sights on some awesome YouTube video's of real guys out there getting some really great things, many of which I'm sure are members here, so to you who share your pictures and video's and don't act like silly, coked out, payed baboons, THANK YOU!

MIKE54
01-29-2013, 07:39 PM
I know they're silly and not traditional MDers , but I turn the TV on to be entertained. And I am not disappointed watching these guys having fun. And since I'm not going to use it as a training film for future metal detectorists, I say have some fun with it !

RobW
01-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Watched the 2 newest episodes last night.

1) I can't get out and i at least provides me with a bit of an outlet and some entertainment

2) I was impressed last night. It was a good light on the hobby when they did some great public service by locating the original McCoy homestead..or was it Hatfield?...and then calling in the team of archeologists. Even the archeologists acknowledged the benifit of using metal detectors.

3) The second episode, I was not especially keen on, though I was impressed with them finding a gold coin..then again who wouldn't be. But I did not like how they dug up the small area behind the B&amp:beerbuddy:

Ytcoinshooter
01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
I've read negative comments on many forums regarding Diggers. This isn't that idiot wrestler Ric who made us look so bad and like every piece of junk was worth something. I believe diggers shows us in a much better and realistic light. I particularly like when they show the property owner(s) the dug targets. I've done that often, explaining what I might know in the process.
I like these guys and also harbor a degree of enthusiasm that can relate to their antics but I'm not swinging from any trees to celebrate. I do keep 2 to 4 radios in my gear at all times and prefer to use those to keep hunting partners informed. Instead of juice we'd say we are in a TRE (target rich environment) or got draped, seated, Barber an so on. My favorite saying about sites I get certain vibes from is I smell silver! If anyone while out with me says I see roundness in the hole I'll only laugh. No problem with that lingo, roundness is what our detectors hit hard on.
I re-watched the first 4 episode on demand. It's all I can do now except check over my gear 100 times in anticipation of getting out.

Fire Fighter 43
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
I have to admit the show is a little better than it was. My only complaints are their goofy antics when they make a find and the fact that they make a mess when digging. They should be cutting a nice U shaped plug and using a drop cloth on the manicured lawns.

marinedad
01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
the show diggers is ok. it's the big mouthed boohya savage that digs with a front end loader that is giving detecting a bad wrap.

Ytcoinshooter
01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Watched the 2 newest episodes last night.

3) The second episode, I was not especially keen on, though I was impressed with them finding a gold coin..then again who wouldn't be. But I did not like how they dug up the small area behind the B&amp:beerbuddy:

With permission of the property owner it is a tried and true method in certain allowed circumstances. A screen to sift would have been a nice addition. Most all tiny back door garden spots are difficult if not impossible to work effectively in the usual manner. The amount of junk and drops from over 160+ years of occupation on that small plot means there is layers of stuff. The gold would not have been found without removing the upper layers. I have participated in this technique when the Elizabeth Park Pond (circa 1880's) was refurbished close to 20 years ago - 1994. The shoreline by the turf was hard pack when the muck was dragged out. It's tiring and I was happier crawling over the muck piles and puddles. It's a technique that works well in remote cellar hole sites - time and patience withstanding. Just another perspective.

Willems
02-02-2013, 03:30 AM
The dutch forum the talk bad to about the series.
Salling all the finds.
Old iron for ridiculous prices.
Here in holland the cant believe that the finds are that mutch worth.
Most of the detectorist think the program is fake.
What do you think?
Booooom baby.thats to mutch for uss. Hahahahha

netrook
02-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Yah know, these guys have the dream job... paid to MD. Imagine if you were given your own digging show, and they told you, we will do all the research, fly you around the country and pay you to sweep and dig, AS LONG AS PEOPLE WATCH THE SHOW.

I would be congering up antics and making a lincoln as bloody exciting a find as possible. I catch myself quoting their brand of industry slang, on occaison. Yep, I caught myself thinking, I found roundness in the hole!

I can't fault them for their antics and crazy enthusiasm... if I were paid to do their job, I may be even goofier!

Lodge Scent
02-28-2013, 12:41 PM
I agree with Willems. I can't stand them. :barf: I think they are idiots and bad for our hobby. >:# Having said that, I will admit that I watch the show whenever I have stumbled upon it. Last time out detecting, I actually said to my self oh I might have juice in the hole. I now feel violated and I hate myself. >{

RobW
02-28-2013, 02:31 PM
I think Willems has the shows &quot:grin:iggers' and Savage confused...
But I would agree 100% wth him on Savage
I must give some props to the guys on &quot:grin:iggers, but being a enthusiats, I do find them a bit annoying, however, it is to be for entertainement and if anyone really watched us in the field...they would be bored out of their mind. Bt they do give some good light on the hobby, I think they show how detecting and archeologists can work hand in hand and most of their shows they are now working with archeologists. I do not believe they are keeping what they find in the episodes, but are giving them to archeologts, historians, or the property owners.

Willems
02-28-2013, 02:52 PM
O yes i mean the show with booooom baby.
Not Diggers the 2 guys.
Diggers is ok. thumbsup01
The have to make a little show.
If you say o look another coin,the show is boring.
But every find boooooooooooom baby? whahahaha.
A iron saw,5000 dollar? realy?

What i do like and you probable know is chicaco Ron on youtube.
you see some nice finds from England.
We also go every year but never found roman gold or a stater.

Lodge Scent
02-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Sorry Willems. I thought you meant Diggers. I still don't like Diggers and still hate myself for liking to watch it ;)

Kalamazoo Metal Detecting
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
I absolutely love the National Geographic &quot:grin:iggers program. They're honest about the potential value of items, even if it's just a few bucks. Ric Savage's lard ass, on the other hand, is completely ridiculous and insulting. He could find a 2012 Lincoln cent and somehow sell it for a grand. I'd like to stick a grenade down his trousers and wait for the &quot:beerbuddy:OOM, BABY!
:peace:

Willems
03-03-2013, 02:22 AM
Whahaha boooooom baby.
<}

WildOutdoorAddict
03-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I enjoy the show too!....sure they act up some..OK a lot, but they give some history lessons and have some interesting locations..It could be much worse that's for sure. We really don't know the amount of work it takes just to make one show..I think in a way it's a bitter sweet thing for some of us...they are doing something a lot of us would love to do..detect for a living!!! We have a choice whether or not to watch it. I'm sure the hobby will be exploding this year with new detectorists just from the show...there again a bitter sweet thing for some..

tanacat
03-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Savage on the other hand seems like a snake oil salesman at best and a major discredit to the hobby. :pirate:

The new Savage Family Diggers is horrible too :hammer: but I can't help but watch every episode lol The last one with the huge metal signal... it was a marble statue worth $5000 :thinkingabout:

Diggers is silly :behave: but much better than Savage Diggers :yes:

Now we need a middle-of-the-road show! Who's up for it? :poke:

ChrisinCT
03-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Sure the show is silly ,but I bet there's not a person among us that wouldn't act silly to get paid to go metal detecting.

lee
03-07-2013, 05:35 PM
listen everyone , diggers is chrisincts favorite show , he watches it all the time and has now bought the sayings out with him when we go detecting !!!!!!
i mean , all i can hear is juice in the hole baby and ohhh...i got roundness i look up and he aint even digging anything :huh:thinkingabout: its like hes got the show playing in his head on a loop or something.

ChrisinCT
03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
listen everyone , diggers is chrisincts favorite show , he watches it all the time and has now bought the sayings out with him when we go detecting !!!!!!
i mean , all i can hear is juice in the hole baby and ohhh...i got roundness i look up and he aint even digging anything :huh:thinkingabout: its like hes got the show playing in his head on a loop or something.

Why don't you go do some detecting in your erection section and in case you never noticed this site is called AMERICAN Detectorist. Why are you even allowed on here you wanker.

lee
03-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha...I new that would get him going...hmmm the ring master and king George ...wonder what name I could come up with for you ?...fine weather hunter Chris ? :clapping: