PDA

View Full Version : 1920's Army Pin

ConlonFamily
01-22-2013, 10:48 PM
I am new to this site so I am not sure if this is how I post what we have found. My husband and I bought our 10 year old daughter a metal detector for Christmas and over the weekend she found this military pin.( I have attached a photo of what we found it to be and below a picture of the pin she found) From our research this US Army pin is from around WWI, which makes it close to 100 years old. We are from Cape Cod Massachusetts and this pin was found on our families private beach in Falmouth, Ma. The Cape is full of history and we are wondering since we are new at this if anyone knows do we need to get permission to go metal detecting anywhere else?

del
01-23-2013, 03:33 AM
hello and welcome to the forum :waving: , you posted this in the right place :yes:. the collar disk is a nice military item to find , congratulations. |:cheering: as for the cape theres a lot of off limits to detecting on the outside or atlantic side beaches they are protected and they can fine you but there are also alot of private and public beaches near on the cape too.

Dan

CTDirtFisher
01-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Nice recovery and ID...

As far as Cape Cod goes... I'm suree someone here has more information for you...

Welcome aboard :-)

Paul

OxShoeDrew
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Wow :drool: a sweet find.... what kind of detector did she get? Welcome to the forum.

Ill Digger
01-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois ConlonFamily!! :waving:
It's great to have ya! I'm not going to be of much help with the rules and reg's on Cape Cod :dontknow: Sorry 8/ lol
Like Del said this is the right area for your find to be posted :yes: thumbsup01 But if you don't want a poll in your next thread, just click on NEW TOPIC instead of NEW POLL. That way you won't have to post questions \:hammer: Much quicker ;) But I'll take the poll anyways since you went through the trouble of making it! lol

Fire Fighter 43
01-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Congrats on a nice find, WTG |:cheering: