PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Last Week

dalewestaby
01-24-2013, 04:54 PM
I traveled 9 hours to get to soft land last Saturday. :detecting: My brother and I detected hard for an about two hours, but he got bored easily so we saw the sights the rest of the day instead. :eyebrow: Metal detecting doesn't seem to run in the family. I could go all the way from crack of til midnight the next day.

ANYWAY :pirate: I found my 1st complete capgun under a huge tree in the woods. Searched an old football field and got a bunch of junk jewelry. OH WAIT..... one is silver after cleaning them back in WI. BOOOOOYA |:confused:)

A 9 hour drive back to artic chilled winds of -8farenheit. Until spring guys! Enjoy the pics

skribnodsister
01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Nice finds! Cool looking capgun and jewelry. Congrats on the Silver :peace: Welcome back to the deep freeze :frozen: hopefully it will be spring before we know it!

buck57
01-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Man, you were down near my neck of the woods. We are just outside Columbia. Hope you enjoyed that Sat, we haven't gotten out of the 20's since then. :frozen: Congrat's on your silver thumbsup01

aloldstuff
01-24-2013, 06:03 PM
At least your brother was able to keep you company on that long drive. Man you are bitten with the detecting bug. :congrats: on getting some silver. Finding a complete cap gun is pretty cool

leslie(nova scotia)
01-24-2013, 06:13 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....wow bare ground with no snow. Now that is a find. Youz dun gud me bouy now git out dere and dig em up more! <;)

Full Metal Digger
01-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Glad you had a good trip. Anything to get some MDing in right? Is that a musket ball I see in the pic? Looks like a nice white patina on it. Congrats and HH, Dave.

dalewestaby
01-24-2013, 08:16 PM
there a lead mini ball and a flattened musketballl in the pic, two 1sts for me

RobW
01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
9 hours :shocked03:

I love detecting :detecting:...and even dream of it... :daydream:....but 9 hours driving >:{

At least you had a good time and got a few firsts :clapping:

396nova
01-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Nice find, and a lot of work. Dale, you are a dedicated MDer. Being a fellow cheese head, this :frozen: ground is frustrating. It would not be so bad for me, if there was 12 inches of snow, I could go snowmobiling and get my mind off MDing. In my younger days I might have traveled that far, but not anymore. I just got my CTX 3030 and I am dying to use it, but will have to wait for the thaw. I could throw some clad in the yard ( 1-2 inches of snow on ground now ), and try out my new machine. :detecting:

Fire Fighter 43
01-27-2013, 07:56 PM
You got out, WTG and congrats on the finds. Now take a break it won't be long and we will be digging here in WI.

CODY
01-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Nice finds.

starman2
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
:peace:! Way to go, on some nice finds. The weather looked great! Love the cap gun!

jkress
01-29-2013, 11:49 PM
Great outing Dale. :yes: You pocketed a silver, so all is good on this hunt. thumbsup01

Believe it or not, but we headed north of our town to hunt in Wi. The ground was a bit crusty, but with a little extra effort
we could extract our bounty.

You are always welcome to hunt with Ron and me. :beerbuddy:

milco
01-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Now that's hardcore! Nice finds! Like Jeff said, won't be long and we'll all be back out!