PDA

View Full Version : Wich water machine will best compliment my other machines

Bissen
01-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Hej I have an E-trac and a Blisstool 64v3 on the way. I have just been detecting 6 hours all in all and only since i got the e-trac a month ago. But I am looking to get into the water and go for gold :-) On the beach and in lakes. Now I want something that can find chains and everything else. But also has some kind of god discrimination on it. That works good. I know I am overkilling it with 2 detectors already but thats is just me. If i go for something i do it 100% I do not want the 3030 because of the stem problem with it. I want my detectors with me not in the mail to and from manifacture for repair.

I have been looking at ATpro Excalibur. The different VLF and PI machines. But it is a jungle out there and for now I am thinking of the Gerratt AT PRO. Just to get an easy machine with an overseeable learningcurve. I have used the whole winter to look at vids and read about the hobby and now i just want to get out there in the water.
Pleace help

Fire Fighter 43
01-29-2013, 06:51 PM
If money is not an issue and you only want it for water then I would recommend the Excalibur II. It works great in fresh water but I'm not sure how well they work in the salt.

Evan
01-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Go with the Excalibur II definitely what your looking for, not that other water machines are not good, but it is very good with the descrimination, and it is not a PI detector, so you can descriminate many different types of metals in or out... The Excal does very well in salt water as well... My only gripe about it is when knobs get dinged or biffed, they tend to break off... Good Luck!!!

HH,

-Evan

Bissen
01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Money is always a problem :-) But I want the best I can afford. And that is around 2000 dollars with scoops and all.
I also need a pinpointer or 2. One for the dry and one for waterhunting. Not that I could not use the same both places but my girlfriend also want to go hunting so we need one for her to. About sand scoops I think it should be the Beach Brute II from Kellyco. But I proberly wont buy my detectors there. I hate all the crap they send with a new detector and then they call a 200 to 800 dollars free gift with detector. I would say it is a trip saved for them to go to the dumpster with it and I have to pay a sending fee for getting the stuff. I feel like they think I am stupid enough to fall for that. And I wont give my money to a company that treat there costumers like that.
I found a nice deal on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minelab-Excalibur-II-1000-10-Coil-PREMIUM-Bundle-/271103374000?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item3f1f05 32b0
And I think it is the best deal out there on the Ex. Jesus I am rambling on. To much internet theory and no practice.

Evan
01-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Bissen, check out the treasure products pin pointers as I know my Vibra Probe 580 is definitely water proof, so you may save some $$$ by only buying one type of pin pointer!!! I don't have any complaints about the product either, unless you like to hear a beeping sound instead of a vibration while locating a find in the hole... Good Luck!!!

HH,

-Evan