PDA

View Full Version : My finds from Frozen cellar hole Adventures

Thiltzy
01-28-2013, 07:06 PM
What Dave said in his post.

Here are my meager finds from more frozen cellar hole adventures. A complete cuff link and part of a second one from a different site. The button in my hand I thought was interesting because it seems to be lead and it is very heavy for a button. As you may have seen in Daves post, we had to pogo stick our shovels to get into the frozen ground :hysterical: another fun hunt Dave, untill I started feeling very sick :sick:

del
01-28-2013, 07:59 PM
hey congrats on the plated cuf link they look early 1900 to me .

my biggest complaint about hunting in the very cold is the dreaded FRUD :shocked04:

its when the wet mud would freeze onto the end of your relic shovel and creat FRUD (frozen mud) and then it was like digging with a two by four lol lol rofl

and then the forest would echo with the repeated wacking gong-like sounds to break it off your shovel lol lol

Thiltzy
01-28-2013, 09:34 PM
hey congrats on the plated cuf link they look early 1900 to me .

my biggest complaint about hunting in the very cold is the dreaded FRUD :shocked04:

its when the wet mud would freeze onto the end of your relic shovel and creat FRUD (frozen mud) and then it was like digging with a two by four lol lol rofl

and then the forest would echo with the repeated wacking gong-like sounds to break it off your shovel lol lol
I hear ya Dan, I was also getting FRUD on my pin-pointer and was losing pointer depth <}

aloldstuff
01-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Nice looking cuff links and buttons. Pogo sticking on the shovel, now that determination. First time I had heard of FRUD , sounds like something I don't want to experience.

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-29-2013, 08:02 AM
nice hunt Todd! glad your feeling better.had me worried for a minute there!
the pogo kid!

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-29-2013, 08:03 AM
ps stop finding so many cool relics.your clogging up the banner up top! \:hammer:

Fire Fighter 43
01-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Cool finds, WTG |:cheering: