PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Alvin Tx.

Harry D 75
01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi Folks I am new to this forum and havee learned lots just reading your post. I purchased my first MD (ACE 250) this morning, Cant hardly to go to the beach when this rainey weather better.

aloldstuff
01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Harry, welcome from western MA. The ACE 250 is a good machine and look forward to your future posts.

del
01-29-2013, 03:16 PM
hello Harry , welcome to the forum. congrats on your new purchase and i wish you the best of luck on the beaches in Texas .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
01-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Welcome from Illinois! Glad you have joined the forum, Harry! I wish you much success with your ACE 250, it is a popular and well-loved machine. Let us know how things go!

Fire Fighter 43
01-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the forum and the hobby from SE Wiscosnin. You have a good detector to get you started. Good luck and have fun this season.

SHIMMER77502
01-31-2013, 08:03 AM
Hello Harry D 75! Shimmer77502 here from Pasadena TX! You aren't far - come visit us at the Treasure Hunters Assocation of Pasadena's next club meeting on February 4th. You'll meet lots of others who share a passion for metal detecting! Email me for more info!

Shimmer77502

396nova
01-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Another welcome from SE WI. :congrats: Have some rain to deal with, :-\ no big deal, up we are :frozen: Looking forward to seeing your finds. Good luck hunting. :crossfingers:

Lowjiber
02-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Hey from southern Nevada.

The 250 is really a nice machine. Some use it to get started, but others hunt them for years. We lovingly call them a school bus because of their color, or an ice cream truck because of their tones. Nonetheless, no disrespect to the machines...they're just so good that they stick with you.

My advice is to slightly reduce the sensitivity in the average park environment and swing it slowly.

Welcome to your new hobby and the forum. :yes:

CODY
02-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Hey, welcome to the forum, welcome from Mississippi. Glad you found us. Go slow and learn your machine. All MD's talk to you, its our job to learn what they are saying. Become one with your machine and the force will be with you.

jkress
02-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Welcome from Iowa Harry D 75. It's great you joined our group here. :clapping:

Just like you, I bought the Ace 250 to enter this great hobby. :yes: And I made many, many great finds with the help of this machine.
Lots of relics and old coins landed in my pocket from the 'yeller feller'. |:confused:)

Best of luck to you and feel free to ask any questions you might have. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
02-13-2013, 10:29 AM
We lovingly call them a school bus because of their color, or an ice cream truck because of their tones.
::huh:: Never heard those before! lol :clapping:

.... the 'yeller feller'. |:confused:)
That's the one I've heard. :yes: lol

Hey Harry! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the frozen cornfields of Illinois! :waving:
Regardless of what they call the machine, I've seen LOTS of great finds come from under the coil of a ACE 250! :yes: :envious:
Like the others have said, go slow, learn what the machine is telling you, and the finds will come! |:cheering:
GL & HH :grin:

OxShoeDrew
02-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Good luck Harry and welcome from CT :waving: