PDA

View Full Version : I WANT TO BUY A GOOD BUTTON BOOK?

Thiltzy
01-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I have all the coin books but now I need to get a good button book mainly for all the colonial buttons I dig. Any recommendations? :white:usaflag::

del
01-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Hey Todd theres no book that lists all or gives a complete discriptions of every button out there but there are a few good reference books i'd recommend .

Record of American Uniform
and historical Buttons by Alphaeus H. Albert
this is a great button reference book and if you only could get one this is it

Military Buttons of the American Revolution
by Don Troiani
also a great book but just very specifc about the buttons of that era in the war

UNIFORM BUTTONS OF THE UNITED STATES, 1776 - 1865 Warren K. Tice.
again this ais a great reference book

there are very few books written about buttons of the colonial age but if you search enough you can build up quite a library of web pages about the subject.
Dan

Thiltzy
01-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey Todd theres no book that lists all or gives a complete discriptions of every button out there but there are a few good reference books i'd recommend .

Record of American Uniform
and historical Buttons by Alphaeus H. Albert
this is a great button reference book and if you only could get one this is it

Military Buttons of the American Revolution
by Don Troiani
also a great book but just very specifc about the buttons of that era in the war

UNIFORM BUTTONS OF THE UNITED STATES, 1776 - 1865 Warren K. Tice.
again this ais a great reference book

there are very few books written about buttons of the colonial age but if you search enough you can build up quite a library of web pages about the subject.
Dan
Thanks Dan, We had Don Troiani as a guest speaker at one of our club meetings but i passed on his book because, like you said, it was to specific to that era. Any books out there just on colonial artifacts?

del
01-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Todd theres a great book called Collector's Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution by George C. Neumann and Frank J. Kravic

its has a wealth of artifacts from that time period and not just military items , including tools , weapons , buckles , buttons , ect. . it has a lot of discriptions and illustrations of more commonly used items that large armies would have to equip and sustain themselves out on long campaigns.

Thiltzy
01-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Todd theres a great book called Collector's Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution by George C. Neumann and Frank J. Kravic

its has a wealth of artifacts from that time period and not just military items , including tools , weapons , buckles , buttons , ect. . it has a lot of discriptions and illustrations of more commonly used items that large armies would have to equip and sustain themselves out on long campaigns.

Great info Dan |:confused:) How bout a book called Everything Colonial by Dan aka del? I would buy it thumbsup01