PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Covington, Ga

choprdoc
01-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Just starting out. I have always been interested in history so this fits in nicely with me. First detector is a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. Been out twice so far. Once around my yard and once in some woods across the road from the house. Starting out good I think. Looking forward to learning more about detecting and meeting others.

The loot.
[attachimg=1]

Think it is a sharks tooth? Found at 5 inches
[attachimg=2]

This rock is non magnetic but the detector goes crazy over it. Any ideas?
[attachimg=3]

aloldstuff
01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Well you are definately in an area with some history. Welcome from western MA and looking forward to your future posts.

Tony Two-Cent
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Welcome from Illinois! Glad to have you here, choprdoc! :waving:

It looks like you are off and running! Lots of finds so far. Are any of the coins old?

Best of luck and keep us posted about your finds! |:cheering:

choprdoc
01-30-2013, 03:18 PM
No, oldest coin so far is 1961. But i am researching on some places to go so hopefully will find some older. Thanks for the welcome

del
01-30-2013, 03:41 PM
welcome to the forum Choprdoc , congrats on a lot of interesting looking finds ya got there . the axe heads are quite different from the usual ones we find up here in New England , they look like they have some age to them . i'm pretty sure the senter cap goes to a buick riviera (i'm guessing late eighties or nineties ). again welcome and hope to see you post some great finds this year.

Dan

choprdoc
01-30-2013, 03:55 PM
thanks Del. Found the axe heads about 6 inches down. Found out there was a old homesite in the woods across the road from my house. Planning on going back over when the storms pass by.

Fire Fighter 43
01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the forum and the hobby from SE Wisconsin. It looks like you are off to a great start. I have to warn you it can be very addictive. Good luck and Happy Hunting this year.

CODY
02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the forum. Welcome from Mississippi. Looking forward to your post and finds. Thats a couple nice looking axe heads.

396nova
02-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Welcome from SE WI. You are off to a good start. My first detector was a Bounty Hunter Land Ranger. Good luck on future hunts, and post your finds. :congrats:

jkress
02-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the forum choprdoc. Thank you for joining our group. :clapping:

Looks like you are off to one heck of a start... within walking distance from your home. :shocked04: Gotta be more keepers waiting for
you there. Here's hoping your third 'around' turns up some nice ones. :beerbuddy:

Lowjiber
02-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the forum from Nevada. Looks like some real treasures from your back yard. Thanks for the pics.

Mudder
02-16-2013, 06:40 PM
A big welcome Choprdoc, and by the looks of it you have made a fine start, just keep :detecting: