PDA

View Full Version : Silver Thimbles and other relics that have been waiting

RobW
01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm still cleaning the finds that did not warrant my immediate attention during the detecting season (2012)...and have not been posted...I think I have 2 0r 3 bags left

In this round of cleaning, I came across some interesting items that I thought I'd share, most important of all is 2 silver thimbles, one is HUGE and fits over my thumb and is in perfect condition, the other has the tip off and is split.

Other items of interest, a croatal bell, a few lead seals, a bent bat wing buckle, a couple of musket balls, a VERY DAINTY buckle that has some filigrere work on it (next to the musket balls in the pic), a brass portion of probably a victorian hair comb, asette, and additional livestock tack

Fire Fighter 43
01-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Very nice congrats on the Thimbles and other relics.

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-30-2013, 09:18 PM
i have no patience to wait to clean my stuff.your a much better man than me lol awesome relics,love the thimbles and very cool batwing buckle! thumbsup01

RobW
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
i have no patience to wait to clean my stuff.your a much better man than me lol awesome relics,love the thimbles and very cool batwing buckle! thumbsup01

Not better...just a bit more lazy ;)

aloldstuff
01-31-2013, 02:33 PM
LAZY...are we all in agreement, good. Love those thimbles, dying to dig a silver one.

CODY
01-31-2013, 11:46 PM
Love those thimbles. Deffinitly on my wish list. Great finds.