PDA

View Full Version : best buckle of mine

sjv
04-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Found this beauty where del and I found many coins and buttons( in fact del found a whole button spill) . I was excited when I realized it was full intact and functional.

Quick advise. If you see a pic and want too enlarge it, right click,select copy and paste to your desktop. Then you can put it in any program that edits pics.

del
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM
beautiful Buckle Sal that is a nice and ornate one for sure. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2010, 05:54 PM
that buckle is sweeet!!!!!!! love it! :drool: nice job Sal! thumbsup01

sniffy
04-14-2010, 06:57 PM
That is the best I've seen. I think it only gets better when it's made of silver!

coinnut
04-14-2010, 09:12 PM
That's a killer buckle Sal thumbsup01 Never seen one like that. Looks kinda Dracula lol

John M
04-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Awesome buckle Sal.

sjv
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys. Some guy at the club offered me $100 some years back. Del knows him. Drives an old car, brings in strange things. One time he brought in a modern cow bell, everyone joked about that one. He was cool about it.

SeabeeRon
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
The relics you guys find back there always amaze me! :shocked04: :drool:

sjv
04-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Yea , living in New England is the best for old coins an relics. The thing I hate is the ticks, since having Lymes disease I was a little scared to venture back out to the woods. Took me 3 years and I still have pain (knees, back, ribs). At least I know what to do if I get re-infected this time. I would say that the relics here are the strangest. although we do find some nice coins, don't get me wrong. I've heard of people finding pine tree shillings, fugio's, nova's and a guy in our club found a Higley Copper. Can you imagine! I know people who have found Washington Inaugural buttons, some have found more than one. That's on the top of my list of relics to find. Here's my best IH. Such detail. there's some lint in the holder, ignore it.