PDA

View Full Version : Playing Hookie from work with Al...net a nice keeper

RobW
02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Al and I went out today for a bit...I was hoping it would be for longer, but :frozen:...and the ground was SO HARD >{...I had to leave a few targets in the ground cause I just could NOT get to them >:# >:/ at some point I was actually using a rock to hammer down on my small shovel hammer like a chisel :twirlingeyes:

The spot we went to has been good to me, lots of old buttons, a large cent, a seated dime, lots of indians, barber dimes, and other relics last year. I left the area we were planning on concentrating on and was making my way over to another area, I got a hit of 14/49, then it repeated at 13/46-47. I hammered away at the soil..finally got down about 4 inches. I went back over the hole...I was a few inches off..back up the hole a bit, and out she came :loveit:...an 1893 Barber Quarter.... :happy:...yes, that was the dance I did..just ask Al

First silver (actualy first find) of the year. I followed that up with a wheat penny. Then we had it...coffee, a french dip and some pie and we called it a day.
And yes, I know....[size=1:crazy:t]My pics are Horrible!

buck57
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Great find Rob :perfect10: That's the way to start off the season.

Tony Two-Cent
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
It's probably a sweet looking quarter, Rob. We'll have to take your word for it. :poke: lol

Just kidding! That's a super find for your first find of the year! :loveit:

A Barber Quarter is always a great find, but one from the 1800s is even better! |:cheering:

Way too cold for detecting here in Illinois right now. :frozen: I'm glad that someone is able to get out there!

:congrats:

skribnodsister
02-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Nice find Rob |:cheering: Next time you'll have to let Al show you how to work the camera <: just kidding <: :congrats: on the sweet Barber!

Rob L
02-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Nice Barber Rob! The next time you go, put a hammer and chisel in the car, It will come in handy digging through the frozen ground.

aloldstuff
02-02-2013, 07:39 AM
That was Rob's 1st Barber quarter. The dance was spectacular.... rofl. Nice going Rob, to bad the ground was so hard, I know that the last target was gonna be a IH but sometimes you have know when to foldem. We'll go back, you'll get it then.

Nice hunting :frozen: and :congrats: on that Barber

Willems
02-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Nice silver barber you got there.
Keep on the good work.

CODY
02-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Congrats on the Barber Quarter! I know how you feel. Sweet finds. :congrats:

zrickkid
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Way to go man. I hope you find more.

del
02-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Rob , give me moment please ..... :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: Lawyers play hooky :confused: :confused: :confused: and you were dancing :bananadance: while playing hooky :eyebrow: Al i want pictures of this as the story is just way to fictional to me and totally out of the normal lawyer stereo-typical tendencies that we all hear about these guys . lol lol rofl ohRob i'm just having some fun with you :poke: :poke: glad you got out this early in the season and belive it or not its one of your better pictures :yes: of the barber (it looks like you tried to hold that phone steady) congrats on the 1800's era silver my friend :perfect10:

Dan

King Midas
02-03-2013, 02:09 AM
:congrats: Great find Rob!

RobW
02-04-2013, 08:34 AM
normal lawyer

rofl rofl rofl...Me? normal?..... rofl rofl

I don't think any of my clients or fellow lawyers would think so lol

starman2
02-04-2013, 11:17 PM
:wow: :congrats: Thats a beaut! Still looking for mine! WTG!

Ill Digger
02-04-2013, 11:57 PM
It's probably a sweet looking quarter, Rob. We'll have to take your word for it. :poke: lol
<}
Yeah, the pictures are a little blurry..... :rolleyes: :poke: lol But none the less the find is sweet!! |:cheering: <:
I can't wait to see the video of your dance! :happy: lol
Congrats! :grin: