PDA

View Full Version : More from near Shipwreck Area

whydah
02-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Joined up with Leprechaun again this morning at 8:00 am... It was a nice and toasty 17 degrees....As I sat in my truck waiting for him to show up I had second thoughts...But when you have the fever as we all do, you know that I couldn't wait to jump rite in... After a few minutes I gathered my stuff, said good morning and we were digging goodies from the get go. A few modern coins and then a nice knife handle... very old too... Love that kind of stuff... Got a signal and down deep was a nice musket ball... Ok 2 for me, and moved closer to the shipwreck and BANG, got a deep but very steady signal... 3 1/2 scoops later, out comes this what looked like the Pepper Shaker that matched the Salt Shaker from yesterday....OMG... but NO, it wasn't that at all... still not sure what it is. But it has a name and a Patented date of August 23rd 1859... any ideas?.... Found a realy nice Rail Road Tag made of brass... Seaver's South End Highland Exspress #108 B & A R.R. That's a first for me on that one... Got another pewter handle from a fork or spoon.. realy ornate...I also got a great small bottle again today... I was told it may be from somewhere around 1860 ... Another great day today at the seashore... Tomorrow we are hunting an area with permission that is over 7,000 yrs old and they have found Indian artifact 's there recently. I will post if I get any goodies from the area...

King Midas
02-03-2013, 02:48 AM
Cool finds Whydah! thumbsup01

RobW
02-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Very cool :envious:

Fire Fighter 43
02-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Nice finds and congrats |:cheering: