PDA

View Full Version : Today was the Three Stooges digging up some cellar holes(counterfeit copper)

Thiltzy
02-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I met up with Dave and Jessie this morning to look for some cellar holes. It was a balmy 14 degrees by the time we started our hike out into the woods.
Dave led us on a wild goose chase up huge cliffs and down steep valleys as we slashed our way through the thick Mountain laurel in search of a particular hole that we were determined to find.
While scaling down one of the cliffs I lost my footing and slid half way down on my butt 8/ Next up was Dave... there were large sheets of ice formed in ponding water holes and Dave decided to walk over one while on a downward path...yup, you guessed it, Dave's feet flew out in front of him and decided to leave the ground as Dave did a swan dive onto a sheet of ice <}.
We can't forget about Jessie, he apparently didn't notice a 40 foot tree lying across a path when he tried to walk right through the 3 foot thick trunk. As the tree took out Jessie's knee caps a heard a loud gasping yell after he face planted on to the forrest ground rofl. After all that, we never found any cellar hole
but the only thing that redeemed me was a random Counterfeit Copper I nabbed as we were making our way back to the car happydance02

We still had 5 hours left in the day so we headed to our back cellar holes where I managed 6 buttons and a smooshed Matrix Seal. All in all, I had a blast hunting with Jessie and Dave with a day full of laughs.

del
02-03-2013, 12:48 AM
hey were are the action shots :dontknow: sounds like you guys had some great entertainment all the way around lol lol PETA will be glad no detectorists were hurt in the making of this story Todd and so am i. :yes: love the wax seal :smitten: its too bad the stone is gone though but you scored so decent buttons :clapping: :clapping:

Dan

Thiltzy
02-03-2013, 06:34 AM
hey were are the action shots :dontknow: sounds like you guys had some great entertainment all the way around lol lol PETA will be glad no detectorists were hurt in the making of this story Todd and so am i. :yes: love the wax seal :smitten: its too bad the stone is gone

Dan

As soon as Dave Belly flopped on the ice, the thing I said after asking him if he was ok was..&quot:grin:arn I wish I had my camera running, That would have made a great picture lol

aloldstuff
02-03-2013, 07:44 AM
So now where's the video, you could have gotten a million hits on youtube with that one. :congrats: on all the buttons and the counterfeit copper. Did most families have their own wax seal?

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-03-2013, 07:47 AM
uggghhhh what a day.the rookie out did the veterans today |:confused:) nice finds Todd! I have yet to dig a matrix seal.them stinkers elude me for some reason? :confused: sorry about the hike you guys :embarrassed: .hey ya gotta try right?
anyways here's my big find of the day! woo hoo! couldn't get my coil over anything.just one of those days ya wished ya stayed in bed :rolleyes:
poor sniffy was pooped! rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-03-2013, 07:50 AM
P.S. hurry up & get here will ya? :poke: I need to redeem myself today! :detecting:

OxShoeDrew
02-03-2013, 04:23 PM
You guys are much more hearty than me....I never contemplated going out yesterday. How deep was the ground frozen in the woods? Excellent hunt!

Thiltzy
02-03-2013, 06:08 PM
You guys are much more hardy than me....I never contemplated going out yesterday. How deep was the ground frozen in the woods? Excellent hunt!
Where there was leave cover it was no problem at all but on bare ground I would say the frost was at least 2 inches thick.

Lodge Scent
02-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a great hunt! Nice digs too!