PDA

View Full Version : Great way to start the New Year

King Midas
02-03-2013, 12:17 AM
With the beautiful weather we have had here in Virginia, :cool: I've been able to get out a little with my new Whites V3 and try to learn a little about this awesome machine. :detecting: There is a local playground I found a while back and I found out from someone in the neighborhood that it was put into service in 1988 so I didn't expect to find any silver coins here and so far I haven't... :thumbsdown: just a boat load of clad. :) I don't think this location has ever been detected because it is loaded with clad and modern cents. I've been there 3 times so far and the first time I hunted there, after about a half hour and a lot of clad, I got a signal that read a solid 25 VDI at about an inch deep. It was a little different than a pull tab signal and was strong I decided to dig it. Boy was I surprised when I turned this beauty out of the ground. :wow: It's a 10k gold ring, with a diamond on each side of the center stone, which is Onyx. Needless to say, I'm stoked! :happy: Happy Hunting to all you folks! I hope your New Year is full of treasures!

del
02-03-2013, 12:51 AM
hey congrats on the gold KM , its a nice ring and has an older fell to it . :smitten:

aloldstuff
02-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Well now thats how you learn the V3 by digging gold. :congrats: on a very nice looking ring.

starman2
02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
:congrats: on the nice ring! WTG!

CODY
02-03-2013, 07:18 PM
:wow: WTG!!!! Congrats on a Great find! HH

Thiltzy
02-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Great looking ring. Always dig pulltab vdis that's where the gold always reads.

Fire Fighter 43
02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
:wow: That is one hell of a way to get started, WTG |:cheering:

Ytcoinshooter
02-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Congrats :congrats: that is a classy ring. Can't wait until the weather cooperates here in the northeast.

Ill Digger
02-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow!! :omg: Now that's why we do this! :yes: <:
Sweet find!! |:cheering:
Congrats! :grin:
It just go's to show... treasure is where you find it ;)

PL8MAN
02-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Beauty of a ring ! thumbsup01

King Midas
02-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Got permission to hunt an old farm Saturday. I hope to be posting some nice finds from there shortly. :clapping:

swamp yankee
03-01-2013, 10:34 PM
With the beautiful weather we have had here in Virginia, :cool: I've been able to get out a little with my new Whites V3 and try to learn a little about this awesome machine. :detecting: There is a local playground I found a while back and I found out from someone in the neighborhood that it was put into service in 1988 so I didn't expect to find any silver coins here and so far I haven't... :thumbsdown: just a boat load of clad. :) I don't think this location has ever been detected because it is loaded with clad and modern cents. I've been there 3 times so far and the first time I hunted there, after about a half hour and a lot of clad, I got a signal that read a solid 25 VDI at about an inch deep. It was a little different than a pull tab signal and was strong I decided to dig it. Boy was I surprised when I turned this beauty out of the ground. :wow: It's a 10k gold ring, with a diamond on each side of the center stone, which is Onyx. Needless to say, I'm stoked! :happy: Happy Hunting to all you folks! I hope your New Year is full of treasures!
Ringy-ding ding! Great job of finding that beauty among the modern junque! Heckuva good score to start off another promising season HH.....

Willems
03-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Wow congrats with your ring.
Nice find. :perfect10:

elkameno59
03-02-2013, 11:31 AM
very nice you dug instead of passing on it.. lesson learned - dig first then celebrate later.... :congrats:

Mudder
03-03-2013, 09:38 AM
:omg: Sweet ring, and good for you. Never pass up a pull tab or nickle signal. :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
03-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Awesome find! Wow, what a beautiful ring!

:perfect10: