PDA

View Full Version : Lead Buttons & Musket Balls from Shipwreck Area

whydah
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Well I went to the shipwreck site today to see what I could break out of the mud / ice again today. It was slow at first then I started to pop out musket ball after musket ball. I did manage a few silvers today too.... A flat Washington Quarter & a flat Standing Liberty Quarter... I also got a few relics in between here and there.... A smooth silver Rosie in the mix also... If anyone can help ID the buttons that would be great... The smaller one seems to have an eagle with spread wings in the front... It is a small one , the size of a cuff button and made of lead or pewter.... Leaning more towards pewter..... The larger one is a coat button but very heavy, so I am leaning more towards lead on that one.... Thanks for looking... Happy Hunting and thanks for the help with these two... :detecting:

del
02-05-2013, 03:56 PM
looks like you got a nice older are to pick from , sorry i wish i could heip with the buttons but theres just not enough detail for me to tell what it is Whydah.

RobW
02-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Very cool...also appreciate your screen name..after the ship (I think pirate if I remember correctly) that sank out there on the Cape with all of that gold and silver :cheesysmile:...ever find any of that? :dontknow:

Fire Fighter 43
02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
You have an interesting spot to hunt, congrats on the nice finds. |:cheering:

whydah
02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Very cool...also appreciate your screen name..after the ship (I think pirate if I remember correctly) that sank out there on the Cape with all of that gold and silver :cheesysmile:...ever find any of that? :dontknow:

It is NOT leagal to hunt that area of the National Seashore...