PDA

View Full Version : SOLO CELLAR HOLE HUNT*BIG SILVER AGAIN

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Left on a solo mission to a cellar hole i knew about at 6am.never been here before but thought i'd try my luck.anyone have any ideas on the pointed carved stone that popped out while digging a target? indian? definitely hand carved and shaped ;)
dug alot of iron today.a few good targets to put in my display case.a nice bordered tombac & a small double gilt designed one piece button.
a busted fancy pewter tray or something.i thought i had a holed farthing :shocked04:
turns out it's a #ed tag.a penny blank or a very worn flying eagle or IH :confused:
a nice old wedding band.this ring was like 8 inches deep. idk if the ends on that flat piece of brass are real gold or not.no brassing at all on them.but,the other fillagreed piece that looks like it goes to it has brassing on it.both found in the same hole.i think it may be a napkin ring all flattened out and came apart? i guess my find of the day was another barber half 1902.
have a great week everyone!
dave

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2010, 05:06 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2010, 05:08 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2010, 05:10 PM
more pics

sniffy
04-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Wow! 2 BARBER HALFS in 2 weeks?

angellionel
04-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Sweet finds, Dave! I'm loving that Barber half. :smitten:

coinnut
04-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Nice hunt Dave thumbsup01 You are the Barber God of the week lol I got one today too. Must be in the air rofl Nice ring and a nice cloaker. You did good. :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Nice hunt Dave thumbsup01 You are the Barber God of the week lol I got one today too. Must be in the air rofl Nice ring and a nice cloaker. You did good. :yes:

thanks man! you did good too! nice barber half you got thumbsup01 G it's a tombac with edge design. :tongue:

del
04-15-2010, 02:56 AM
you not playing nice again so nobody want to detect with ya or what :poke: :poke: . very nice hunt Dave , i don't know what it is with barber halves and old cellar holes but i've seen more than a few found at them. some nice stuff man , congrats .

John M
04-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Hey you got some nice items there Dave.Sweet Barber Halve.

coinnut
04-15-2010, 06:37 AM
G it's a tombac with edge design. :tongue:

Well then mister smarty pants, then it's a nice Tombac lol It looked as big as a cloak button, but I guess you just got fat fingers lol rofl :tongue: Nice finds Dave thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-15-2010, 07:43 AM
you not playing nice again so nobody want to detect with ya or what :poke: :poke: . very nice hunt Dave , i don't know what it is with barber halves and old cellar holes but i've seen more than a few found at them. some nice stuff man , congrats .

hey i always play nice! mike was in school,ron and jess were workin so....that leaves me alone.what better way to spend the day? this hole is masssive.bet they had some money whoever lived here.center hearth chimney. huge long rectangular stones at least 4-5 feet long are pushed into hole. you can see one of them near the basement entrance in pic.the second pic is only half of the cellar hole.

RickO
04-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Wow... dynamite site... lots of relics and that Barber is great. Congratulations... RickO