PDA

View Full Version : short hunt today

michmark
02-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I spotted some bare ground this morning at an old farm site i hunt and decided to work that spot before the next batch of snow came in. I was able to dig up three old coins in about an hour and a half. The coins are a 1917 wheat , 1901 ih penny and a 1910 barber dime then the storm hit but it was a good hunt and being confined to a small area makes it easier to be thorough

ssserena
02-11-2013, 12:32 PM
i like the barber.Thats my ultimate coin to get im trying to get as many barbers as i can get.LAST YEAR I GOT (2) BARBERS ON THE SAME HOUSE.Ide love to get a seated dime.Is it possible or are they pretty much not any where to be found in the midwest.

Tony Two-Cent
02-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Ide love to get a seated dime. Is it possible or are they pretty much not any where to be found in the midwest.

I found 6 seated dimes and 1 seated quarter in Illinois last year. They are definitely out there. Even our friends in Colorado find them once in a while. thumbsup01

Very nice bunch of finds for such a short hunt in a small area, Mark! I'm glad you were able to get them before the snow came! It's always a thrill to find a Barber!

:congrats:

aloldstuff
02-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Definately a smart hunt. Finding a small patch of snowless ground then finding a wheat, IH and a Barber now thats great detecting. :congrats: on all those keepers

starman2
02-11-2013, 03:16 PM
:congrats: On the finds! The Barber is a beaut! I have some bare spots. But have not tried sticking my digger in. Woke up this morning to 46 degrees. Started to get Geeked. Turned on the weather just in time to hear about the next cold front heading my way. :shocked04:verreaction: The winter is starting to get to me :bananadance:!! Glad you were able to get out! |:cheering:

CODY
02-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Love those Barbers! :smitten: Congrats on some great finds.