PDA

View Full Version : Hunting A New Field

Bell-Two
02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
We went out to a new field Sunday that has three sites on it, found two of them. Both of these are close to the road so junk was a problem. First site was obvious you could see the bricks and glass from the road. The crew, Doug, Malachi, Diane, Paul and me were joined by Paul's brother Bill. The first site gave me a buckle, button and a wheatie 1941! Bill got 4 wheats, all from the 40's. Malachi got a buckle and that was about it. Paul had ventured off and he located the second site which entailed a walk of about a half mile. We hit this site and Paul pulled an 1881 Indian. I then got a good 12-44 and at about 5 I popped out a clod of dirt in which I could see a green edge, thinking it was a wheat I broke open the clod and realized it was much bigger than a wheat and it turned out to be an 1869 Two Cent piece! A bit later I got a 12-35 that was not too deep but the target was difficult to find in the sticky clay muck, finally a blob of dirt stuck to the end of my pin pointer so I knew I had it. Doug came over to watch as I took bits off the pin pointer and found a dark green disc at first I could not tell what it was but Doug said it's an Indian and it turned out to be a very good date 1874!
We took a break to help a lady who was slowly driving down the road with a flat tire, I waved her down and found out she had a spare. So Doug and Paul quickly jumped on it and we got it changed for her, it was good we were there for this is a very lightly traveled country road and she could not have made it much further on the shredded front tire. We decided to call it a day on this note.

aloldstuff
02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Nice keepers and kudos for helping out the lady. Is this your 1st 2 center?

Bell-Two
02-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Nice keepers and kudos for helping out the lady. Is this your 1st 2 center?

No it is my fourth one at an old house, one at a park and two from fields.

As for helping out that is what we are here for, when God asked Cain about Able he replied am I my brother's keeper? from what happened after that the obvious answer is YES if this is too Biblical or politically incorrect an admin can remove it, but I had to say it.

Lodge Scent
02-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Nice digs.

Tony Two-Cent
02-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Hey, those are some nice finds, Tony! I really like the 1869 Two-Cent Piece and the 1874 Indian Head! I'm glad that you are able to get out, just too cold and frozen here.

Way to go! :clapping:

Rob L
02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Nice finds. The field must be huge. As for helping out the lady, that was great. I would realy apreciate it if it happened to my wife. You have to go back, there has to be more goodies.

skribnodsister
02-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Hats off to you, Doug, and Paul for helping the lady! |:cheering: What Awesome finds-would love to find one of them two centers! :congrats: on the Two Cent Piece and the IH :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

Full Metal Digger
02-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Nice finds Tony! It's always fun to hit a new site. I'm sure there's some nice old silver out there waiting for you also. Congrats on the 2-center and the 1874 IH. Best wishes and HH to you and Diane, Dave.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-17-2013, 11:53 PM
nice of you to help her out! great spot.how come all i dig is 1864 2 centers :dontknow:

Fire Fighter 43
02-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Nice hunt |:cheering: the 2 center is a great find WTG