PDA

View Full Version : Long Time No Chatter!

M-Taliesin
02-12-2013, 03:12 AM
Howdy Folks!
It has certainly been awhile since I've posted on this forum because I've been as busy as a one-legged man at a Riverdance audition. Between being a fugitive recovery agent, process server and holding down a day job in the bargain while building my own business, I haven't enjoyed much free time for metal detecting.
Now, as things evolve, I aim to post more and hunt more frequently in the bargain. 2012 was about the poorest year I've had since I took up metal detecting. My aim is to change my fortunes in 2013!

That being said, I just got done serving papers on some folks who were renting a house nearby, but weren't bothering to pay rent or any other such formalities. Before going over there, I did some research and learned the man of the house had a wonderland of felony convictions on his record. To make a long story short, I made 3 attempts, and evidently bothered them enough to move out of the house. Well, the woman who owns the house was real grateful that I'd been so efficient like and granted me permission to hunt the grounds. The house was built in the 50s, and I'm hoping to score some silver from that location.

Also among my plans is to perform an experiment. Another fugitive recovery agent in Arizona invited me down to hunt meteorites near Tucson, and I figure to make the trip through New Mexico to Arizona and back again without spending any money out of pocket. I hope to pay as I go, using coins and jewelry finds to pay for my gas and food. I'd like to think I can make the trip and come out money ahead by the time I return to Colorado.

Since 2013 started, I have only hunted a couple of times. I was sick with the flu for the first two weeks of January, then it got horrific cold the following week. I got out once, scored gold and silver in addition to a plethora of clad. On another hunt, I found a real nice little silver bracelet. I'll post about those a bit later.
For now, however, I just wanted to drop by and let folks know I'm still alive!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

aloldstuff
02-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Just responded to your other posts, impressive gold. Funny how life can get in the way of detecting. Nice to hear from you again and looking forward to your future posts.

Ill Digger
02-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Hey Mel! :waving: Long time, no see!
I know how you feel. Last year was my slowest season of :detecting: too. crying01 But I'm hoping for a better 2013 :yes: :drool:

When you wrote....

I've been as busy as a one-legged man at a Riverdance audition.
At first I was like :shocked03: :shocked04: I remember when you had your operation. :yes:
Everything is OK with the leg, right? :embarrassed: lol

M-Taliesin
02-14-2013, 07:26 AM
When you wrote.... At first I was like :shocked03: :shocked04: I remember when you had your operation. :yes:
Everything is OK with the leg, right? :embarrassed: lol

Howdy Digger!
Well, not precisely. It ain't never been right again. It is mostly servicable, but certainly not what it was. There are days when it pains me something awful, but mostly it just is a constant dull ache. Methinks that sort of surgery I got (scope) just ain't as efficient as getting in there and fixing the problem.
Don't much matter, for the time being, I'm stuck with it.

Good to see you're still around pardner! Good to visit with ya!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

tanacat
02-15-2013, 08:30 AM
Congrats on the silver and gold |:cheering:

Mel, that journey sounds interesting and challenging! That'd make a neat story/article - if you follow through be sure to keep a journal.

Totally something I'd like to do if I didn't have kids- maybe when I retire I'll try that! Talk my hubby into joining me lol

GOOD LUCK :groovy:

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Sounds like an interesting trip, keep us posted when you get started!