PDA

View Full Version : From the mouth of the Cowlitz River

gordy
02-14-2013, 06:15 PM
This is where I introduce myself and try to come across as an intelligent and likeable person. Won't take me long to show my true colors so I may as well quit trying to blow any smoke in your direction and just be the real me.
I live on the wet side of Washington state on the shores of the Columbia river. Not much history around here. Old means 75 years max in my little backwater town. A wheat penny is a marvel of antiquity. Silver is a total fluke but I keep trying.
Thanks for letting me ramble and blabber about myself.
Started with the Ace 250 and now am using the AT-Pro. Don't really water hunt but with all the rain we get it's nice to be able to drop my detector into the nearest mud puddle without fear.
Can't post pics because I am a techno-dork. Lucky to be able to push the garage door opener button successfully but I love to talk and to read the words of others so thanks for letting me visit all of you and tag along on your hunts.

del
02-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the forum Gordy , glad you have found and joined us here .

Dan

aloldstuff
02-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Welcome from western MA. Seems that most people who have started with the Ace 250 eventually get the AT PRO. We see some great finds posted here made with the AT PRO. Looking forward to your future posts.

lee
02-14-2013, 07:57 PM
mate, i like you already.
glad to have you here gordy and if your ever down connecticut way drop me a message and ill take you to some places where we can find you some old stuff.
welcome.

gordy
02-14-2013, 09:17 PM
May take you up on it Lee. I visit Maryland every couple years and would love to bring my detector and my carp gear.
I live in the middle of sturgeon, steelhead and salmon country but each spring I love to target those big egg-filled bottom suckers. Biggest so far is 38 pounds and I know she wasn't the biggest in the lake.
How big is the one your are holding?

Skamaniac
02-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Hi Gordy. I live over in the Columbia Gorge, Washington side. Send me a PM if you ever get up this way. Maybe we can have coffee and talk about the AT Pro.

Tony Two-Cent
02-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Welcome from Illinois, Gordy! :waving:

Glad you joined the forum! I think you are going to fit right in here! thumbsup01

CODY
02-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the forum Gordy. Welcome from Mississippi. Keep thinking about getting a AT Pro myself for the same reason. Be looking forward to your post and finds.

lee
02-16-2013, 06:04 PM
mine was the ct record but got beat last year by my mate nigel griffin .
the one in the picture was 43.o7lb , im a mad carper , came 13th in the world championships 2 years ago.

Mudder
02-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi Gordy and welcome from Southern Mississippi. I also use the Pro and have been very happy with it, and don't worry about a little smoke we all have some. Phil :happy:

Fire Fighter 43
02-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Gordy from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us. Good luck this year and happy hunting.

gordy
02-16-2013, 10:34 PM
The last two posts crack me up...
Mom was born in Mississippi and dad in Wisconsin.
Thanks for the 'Welcomes' folks.
And to anyone wanting to pick my brain about the A.T. Pro you be better off digging in your nose. I have three hunts under my belt with it and I feel like a fish with a bicycle. No clue so far but ten thousand hours of watching U-Tube instruction has elevated my knowledge from nothing to idiot status.
Now the Ace 250 I can be a wealth of info. Still have my fourth (yes, fourth) unit with the sniper..stock and big excellerator coils.
I keep questioning myself on buying the Pro since I am so comfortable and (can I say it and still seem likable?) good with the Ace.
The ugly yellow and the echoing BONG of the Ace kind of grow on ya, if you have no sense of beauty or hearing and it can suck the coins out of a school yard or tot-lot like a champ.
Hunting places are getting tougher to come by and some really trashy and junky locations convinced me that the Pro would belp me wade through the junk and make a trash pit huntable. So far, in my hands the Pro is a bottle cap finding marvel.