PDA

View Full Version : Park Hunt With Coinnut - We Scored With Silver

angellionel
04-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Today I met up with George (coinnut) to hit a Connecticut park. We arrived at the park early in the morning and remained there until late in the day. The weather was perfect and we had a great time detecting. We both scored with silver, with George picking up a beautiful Barber half.

We had a slow start finding silver but then it began to pick up by the afternoon. By the end of the day I had managed to dig up a total of sixteen silver coins - three Washington quarters, eight Roosevelt dimes, one Canada silver dime, and four mercury dimes.

These bring my total silver count for the year to 244.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/silvercoins_041410.jpg

The Roosevelt dimes won out this time around.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/silverdimes_041410.jpg

There were no Standing Liberty quarters but I'll take these any day. :yes:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/silverquarters_041410.jpg

Here are shots of a few silver coins after being dug.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/mercinsoil_041410.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/rosieinsoil_041410.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/silverquarterinsoil_041410.jpg

I sure was glad to see that the pendant is made of silver.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/silverpendant_041410.jpg

A bicentennial medallion.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/medallion_041410.jpg

There are about sixteen wheat cents in the pile.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/wheatcents_041410.jpg

HH!

coinnut
04-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Had a great time Angel. But here's the real story. I have Angel all figured out now. His strategy is to let the cellar hunter guy go in front of him and clean out all the clad and memorials :lol: Then all there is to do is scoop all that silver :rofl: Worked great, don't you think? :rolleyes: I dug so much junk today I was definitely showing my rookie side :yes: It was a perfect day, and no one bothered us at all. We started slow, but before I knew it, I was behind 10 to 0 in the silver catagory :confused: Where did that come from :bangshead01: Finally I was rewarded with a silver Roosevelt. I thought "Oh good, now I feel better" Then I thought, down 10 to 1 is not any better at all :lol: But lady luck shined on me and gave me a real surprise with an unexpected Barber Half. Was not expecting big silver out of that hole. Man that park has lots of junk in it. I was hoping for another silver dime and out pops the back side of the Barber. For a moment I was stunned and didn't know if it was a quarter or a half :rofl:. Ended my silver day with another Roosevelt. Lots of coins, a couple of medals and tokens and some good times. Thanks for the hunt Angel. :thumbsup01:

z118
04-14-2010, 09:11 PM
That's a lot of silver! Angel's pile is pretty nice but Coinnut that Barber half sure is sweet. You guys both did great. More silver in one day then I've got so far this year! I headed out to New England this weekend, the Sov is coming with me and hopefully I'll have a little luck myself!

coinnut
04-14-2010, 09:16 PM
That's a lot of silver! Angel's pile is pretty nice but Coinnut that Barber half sure is sweet. You guys both did great. More silver in one day then I've got so far this year! I headed out to New England this weekend, the Sov is coming with me and hopefully I'll have a little luck myself!

Hey Z, Be ready to hunt, Angel takes no prisoners and grants no mercy :rofl:

angellionel
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
That is a nice looking Barber half. It's the same year and mintmark as the one I found yesterday, but yours is not as worn. Thanks for meeting up with me for a day of detecting, George, it was fun. :thumbsup01:

z118
04-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Hey Z, Be ready to hunt, Angel takes no prisoners and grants no mercy :rofl:

Yep... I found one silver last time to his five or six... sure does make a man feel a bit inadequate! I'm glad to sign up for another round though. :lol:

Spike
04-14-2010, 09:27 PM
For the year z118 if not for one good weekend thats more silver than I found ever :badday: :badday: :crying02: They must have been poor here back then too :lol:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2010, 09:56 PM
sweet hunt guys! :thumbsup01: some fine lookin silver there! barber halves sure do take ya by suprise don't they? i was expecting a piece of can again at this cellar hole.bud cans all over the place :bangshead01:
awesome hunt! guess massachusetts ran outta silver with angel up there.gotta cross borders and pillage and plunder our parks :tongue:

del
04-15-2010, 02:43 AM
aw come on Angel you had to give George a break and let him find the big silver huh :rolleyes: :lol: , i understand completely as he
looks pathetic :crying02: and usually wants to go home when he's being smoked in the finds department :lol: :poke: :lol:. seriously you guys did great its amazing at how much silver is still in the ground , glad you both had a great time and congrats on the coinage.

Dan

randy
04-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Nice hunt guys. George, it looks like you covered the spread :lol:, especially with that sweet barber.

coinnut
04-15-2010, 06:22 AM
Nice hunt guys. George, it looks like you covered the spread lol, especially with that sweet barber.

:lol: :lol: I was hanging on by the seat of my pants....which by the way was gettin' a good old fashioned woopin' :rofl:

coinnut
04-15-2010, 06:28 AM
That is a nice looking Barber half. It's the same year and mintmark as the one I found yesterday, but yours is not as worn. Thanks for meeting up with me for a day of detecting, George, It was fun. :thumbsup01:

Hey, thanks back at you. :lol: I never struggled so hard for a Roosevelt in my life :yes: I just want people to know that a good program in your machine is important, but learning your machine is more important. Some of those signals you were digging, I never even heard :lol: I had to readjust my machine just to get a glimpse. Thanks for taking the time to compare signals. You worked hard for them silvers Angel. It may look easy when we read about them, but it takes a lot of effort to get them. You had another great hunt. That 10,000 silvers this year should be a snap ;) :rofl:

angellionel
04-15-2010, 07:22 AM
aw come on Angel you had to give George a break and let him find the big silver huh :rolleyes: :lol: , i understand completely as he
looks pathetic :crying02: and usually wants to go home when he's being smoked in the finds department :lol: :poke: :lol:. seriously you guys did great its amazing at how much silver is still in the ground , glad you both had a great time and congrats on the coinage.

Dan

As George walked towards where I was detecting I recognized that smile he had. It's when we have dug something really sweet. :grin: As soon as he showed me what he found I had the same smile. :lol: I just love the design on the reverse of that coin. :yes:

Hey, thanks back at you. :lol: I never struggled so hard for a Roosevelt in my life :yes: I just want people to know that a good program in your machine is important, but learning your machine is more important. Some of those signals you were digging, I never even heard :lol: I had to readjust my machine just to get a glimpse. Thanks for taking the time to compare signals. You worked hard for them silvers Angel. It may look easy when we read about them, but it takes a lot of effort to get them. You had another great hunt. That 10,000 silvers this year should be a snap ;) :rofl:

:lol: :lol: I think I'll stick to my goal of 400.:lol:

Yeah, the trash at that park was making it a challenge to get to the good targets. :bangahead02: I need to have a talk with park maintenance to see what they can do about removing a few inches of soil. :lol:

John S
04-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Well looks like you had a very good hunt , like all the silver.

xzlr8n
04-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Holy cow you two :shocked04:!! George, did you swap machines with Angel just to make sure his machine isn't super charged. I want to pick up a machine just like his right off the shelf :confused:. Anyway, I think there is a Silver Fairy flying around Angel's parks sewing silver coins into the ground. :grin:

RickO
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
What an incredible haul of silver... wow... you guys just cleaned up... congratulations... RickO

coinnut
04-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Holy cow you two :shocked04:!! George, did you swap machines with Angel just to make sure his machine isn't super charged.

No, Angel keeps his hidden under a black blanket so I can't even see any of it :rofl: I think it's a hybrid alien model ;) It's not all due to his his machine. I think it had something to do with the cable running from his brain directly into the unit. :lol: But it was ok for me, since I still came in second place :cheesysmile: :embarrassed:

angellionel
04-15-2010, 06:42 PM
:lol: :lol:

Hey, next time I may not be so fortunate. :cheesysmile: :lol:

del
04-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I think it's a hybrid alien model ;) It's not all due to his his machine. I think it had something to do with the cable running from his brain directly into the unit. :lol:

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: so what your saying George is he's already been asimilated and resistance is futile :lol: :lol:
that would explain alot :lol: :lol: :poke: :poke:

coinnut
04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: so what your saying George is he's already been asimilated and resistance is futile :lol: :lol:

Yep, pretty much :rofl: You have to see it in action to believe it. ;)

SeabeeRon
04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Amazing hunt guys!!! :drool: :shocked04: :smitten: That's it, I am putting my house on the market and moving to the East Coast!! :tongue:

angellionel
04-15-2010, 09:13 PM

Now I'm going to start having that Star Trek TNG episode in mind while detecting. :lol:

Geekwinkle
04-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Remind me to think twice before dragging you guys to our local parks if you ever visit Indiana! :rofl: :rofl:

Great finds, I'm tickled to get a silver every so often, let alone 16 in a day!

hockeyguy
04-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Hey, u guys gonna leave any silver for us anywhere? Unbelievable job!

hoser
04-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Totally AWESOME!! :shocked04: Well done to you both. :thumbsup01:

coinnut
04-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Remind me to think twice before dragging you guys to our local parks if you ever visit Indiana! :rofl: :rofl:

Don't worry, We'd be gentle :lol: Lucky they haven't figured out a good way to separate gold from aluminum or this would start all over again :rofl:

tanacat
04-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Great hunt! Congrats on your finds. Nice you two got to hang out :)