PDA

View Full Version : Had a forgetful moment...

pulltabsteve
02-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Even with all the snow, Mike and I were itching to get out and detect. We figured we could head over to a local old park and maybe detect around some trees where the snow started to melt a little around the tree trunks. Desperate huh:huh: :bananadance: Well it was quite a waste of time... except for my bear find :white:usaflag::

We stayed for about 40 minutes. As we were loading up the vehicles, I put my hand shovel and pinpointer on the truck bumper and the machine in the back of the truck. We stood around BSing for a little while then I left to head home. When I got in the driveway and went around the back of the truck I see my pinpointer sitting on the back bumper. I drove about 6 miles and it stayed there all the while. |:cheering: The hand shovel was gone. I retraced my steps and found it in the road. A little worse for wear :hammer:

I cant wait for spring.....

mike l
02-16-2013, 11:29 AM
I can't believe I'm out looking for patches of dirt with no snow :crazy:. At least we got out for a little while. Nice save on the shovel, nothing a hammer can't fix lol. That bear looks old thumbsup01, nice find.

Ill Digger
02-16-2013, 11:46 AM
lol Nice save Steve! It looks like it's about time for a new shovel anyways :hysterical:
But at least you were able to get out and :detecting:
Which is more than I can say crying01

aloldstuff
02-17-2013, 06:52 AM
You must have been beary happy about being able to detect. Very lucky that the pinpointer didn't end up like the digger.

CTDirtFisher
02-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Good day with a buddy and opps... but it looks like it will still work... right ??

Paul

OxShoeDrew
02-19-2013, 06:20 PM
I actually went out today to see if the wind cleared snow near some cellar holes. Nope :-\ Soon.....soon. :yes: