PDA

View Full Version : what is the highest karat anybodies ever found on a gold jewelry item?

ssserena
02-18-2013, 08:16 PM
I just curious what is the highest karat anybodies ever found on a jewelry item,18k maybe,just curious that's all.

aloldstuff
02-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Only 14k, it was a gold wedding band which got returned.

Mudder
02-19-2013, 09:17 PM
14K is about the highest that your likely to find in the states. My wife has some 24K ear rings, but they were made overseas.

nicklehead
02-19-2013, 11:25 PM
I pulled a 24k gold on silver ring ring out of an old park last year. I probably never would have gotten it but the silver main band , about 4mm, screamed like a banshee. Overlaying the silver band was a band of 24 k about 2/3rd the width with a gold cup on top holding a ruby colored stone with 4 gold beads around it. Very antique looking--- middle ages Robin Hood looking thing. The owner of the local gold and silver store here speculated it was hand made by someone with appreciable jewelers skills. He offered me $100 bucks for the metals but I kept it.

Ill Digger
02-20-2013, 01:39 AM
I pulled a 24k gold on silver ring ring out of an old park last year. I probably never would have gotten it but the silver main band , about 4mm, screamed like a banshee. Overlaying the silver band was a band of 24 k about 2/3rd the width with a gold cup on top holding a ruby colored stone with 4 gold beads around it. Very antique looking--- middle ages Robin Hood looking thing. The owner of the local gold and silver store here speculated it was hand made by someone with appreciable jewelers skills. He offered me $100 bucks for the metals but I kept it.
Got a picture of that thing!?! ::huh:: IT sounds awesome! :drool:

The highest Karat I've found was this 18K gold band:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/2010/IMG_0683.jpg

The second is this 14K gold class ring:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0989.jpg

Everything else has been 10K......... or GF or GP. :rolleyes: lol

nicklehead
02-20-2013, 08:10 AM
I've tried that but , alas , I am a true techno-dope.
I tried sending some pictures of my dog to a friend but they would never go even after I trimmed them round to fit in the sliding drawer depression in the front of the computer--they never left.
A very decent fellow on another forum sent me a detailed procedure list to follow. I e-mailed him back to ask Where's the toolbar ? I keep all of mine on pegboard.---I'm still waiting for his reply

Full Metal Digger
02-20-2013, 09:09 AM
I found a 30K Goldina ring with genuine faux diamelle stones on QVC! rofl

ssserena
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
230 silver coins since 2009 thats extremely impressive.

Ytcoinshooter
02-21-2013, 09:02 AM
In 2008 while water hunting I found a 20K ring made in India or Pakistan. Next time I get to my storage site I should get a picture or just wear it again (it fits). High karat gold jewelry is the norm in many countries of the Indian and Asian continents, to be kept as a form of reserve wealth. Because of the softness of jewelry that high in gold content the inner stampings had worn beyond legibility. My jeweler friend tested it.

Lowjiber
03-12-2013, 06:35 AM
I found a 30K Goldina ring with genuine faux diamelle stones on QVC! rofl
:hysterical: rofl lol Now, that's funny, I don't care what anyone says. lol

The comments above about very high carat values are true, most are in custom-made jewelry pieces made overseas. The best one I ever found was a few years ago about 8 deep in an old park in California.

I had my jeweler test it. The links are approximately 18 carat; the clasp is around 10 carat; and the inserts are almost 24 carat. Here are a few pics taken several years ago...