PDA

View Full Version : found a hard times token

del
04-16-2010, 01:22 PM
went out with Sal today for about three hours to do a quick cellar hunt , sorry didn't bring the camera in fear it would
rain while we were out in the field . not much in that time but an old copper thimble a small button (plain) a shoe buckle fragment
but i did score this 1837 hard times token . don't know how anybody missed it as it was in an old obvious pathway and it screamed out on the old dfx and was just around 5 inches down. thanks for looking and HH everyone.

i took before and after pictures of the token.

Dan

Lowjiber
04-16-2010, 01:50 PM
That's really a nice find!

Until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't even know what a Hard Times Token even was. Now, I've seen two of them posted.

Be careful though. California residents may try to steal it from you. lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-16-2010, 04:01 PM
whoa! that freakin thing cleaned up beautiful Dan! wow nice job! thumbsup01
private firms made a better metal composition than the us govenment :confused:
imagine if every large copper came out as nice as that? that be soo sweet! :drool:

del
04-16-2010, 04:11 PM
That's really a nice find!

Until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't even know what a Hard Times Token even was. Now, I've seen two of them posted.

Be careful though. California residents may try to steal it from you. lol

thanks John . California isn't getting my token , my taxed income to bail it out from the feds probably but not my token.
lol lol

whoa! that freakin thing cleaned up beautiful Dan! wow nice job! thumbsup01
private firms made a better metal composition than the us govenment :confused:
imagine if every large copper came out as nice as that? that be soo sweet! :drool:

thank you Dave , believe it or not its a copper coin .

coinnut
04-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Sweet token! That's similar to my Wall Street Token. I think the back side is different though. It cleaned up real nice!! Hope you and Sal had a good day. It was a bit chilly in the morn, but I bet no bugs lol Great looking token thumbsup01

del
04-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Sweet token! That's similar to my Wall Street Token. I think the back side is different though. It cleaned up real nice!! Hope you and Sal had a good day. It was a bit chilly in the morn, but I bet no bugs lol Great looking token thumbsup01

hey thanks George , i thought it was just like yours . :confused: hey i don't know who's worse me or you . let me explain you
find the choice coins (Connecticut coppers ,early large cents,ect.) but they suck in their condition so just about worthless and i find beautiful condition common worthless coins :bop: lol lol lol whats wrong with this picture lol lol, we need to change our game plan
to excellent conditioned rare quality coins. :yes: :yes:

coinnut
04-16-2010, 05:08 PM
hey thanks George , i thought it was just like yours . :confused:

It might be the same one, just mine is toast lol

hey i don't know who's worse me or you . let me explain you find the choice coins (Connecticut coppers ,early large cents,ect.) but they suck in their condition so just about worthless and i find beautiful condition common worthless coins :bop: lol lol lol whats wrong with this picture lol lol, we need to change our game planto excellent conditioned rare quality coins. :yes: :yes:

Let's do it and sell them and retire and detect everyday, while the wives work rofl Sounds good to me :cheesysmile:

del
04-16-2010, 05:13 PM
It might be the same one, just mine is toast lol

Let's do it and sell them and retire and detect everyday, while the wives work rofl Sounds good to me :cheesysmile:

why thats just about as diabolically evil of a plan as i've ever heard :shocked04: :shocked04: ok lets do it lol rofl lol

John M
04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Nice find there buddy.Hopefully the weekend will produce more.

angellionel
04-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Beautiful find, Dan! The detail on it is great, and it did clean up very nicely too. :yes:

love2dig
04-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Nice find Del ! What did you use to clean it up :huh:thinkingabout:

sniffy
04-17-2010, 06:02 AM
WOW! That beauty cleaned up well! Good job on that token man!

z118
04-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Nice! I found that exact token last year, but mine was holed and did not clean up as nicely at all. Congrats!

Mine's posted here:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=425.msg5753#msg5753

del
04-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Nice find Del ! What did you use to clean it up :huh:thinkingabout:

thanks , just gave it a brief hot peroxide bath and then a coin or metal preserver is all .

Nice! I found that exact token last year, but mine was holed and did not clean up as nicely at all. Congrats!

thanks you , yes Z i remember you finding yours . their pretty common but you would think they'd be worth a little
more considering there's a mis-spelling on them .

sjv
04-19-2010, 07:03 AM
Hey! The token came out nice! Thought you were going out Sat. or Sun. with coinnut? Was hoping to see more finds fromthe weekend.

KirkPA
04-19-2010, 03:02 PM
When Del the Colonialster posts I always know there will be a copper in there. :yes: You and George are top-notch hunters in the great state of Connecticut. You guys will be popping coppers all year. Go get 50 of them. I like that goal from George. You guys both can get 50. thumbsup01

Kirk