PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Beach Day

whydah
02-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Today I got together with a couple of guys that I hunt with quite a bit lately... Second find of the morning was a Silver Rosie rite on top of the sand using my eyes only... OK off to a good start... Over 15 dollars in quarters today, man my back hurts...LOLOL Many signals tightly grouped together today. A few Indian Head pennies in the mix. A silver Washington Quarter, a Barber Dime,a few Mercury Dimes, and a very nice Sterling Spoon with the name Lizzie C inscribed on the back.... I also got a nice sterling Cross... I searched for the chain... I didn't find it though... Many Wheaties again today....Thanks for looking Happy Hunting.... :hysterical:

Rob L
02-23-2013, 09:23 PM
To bad the spoon doesn't say Lizzie B. It could have been worth something. Kidding aside, those are some nice finds. I've hunted at the beach a few times, and noticed that when you get a clad or silver coin, that if you rub it with water as soon as you find it, the black comes off. But if you let it dry its almost impossible to get it off.Have you ever tried this?

whydah
02-24-2013, 07:39 AM
I wished it said Lizzie B too....LOLOLOL would have had a find of a lifetime...I usually don't clean too many coins... I think they look great the way they were found .... I have cleaned a few up over the years with baking soda, they come out like new, but I just put them into a case to show.... Happy Hunting

Tony Two-Cent
02-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I am fascinated by beach hunting as it is a facet of the hobby that is very foreign to me. Was this a salt water beach or fresh water? I am amazed by the shear number of coins you found, including some old ones!

Congrats on the fantastic hunt! |:cheering:

whydah
02-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Hello Tony, yes this is saltwater finds... I have been hunti in the saltwater for 40 plus years and still pulling silver coins and gold rings.... I love a hobby that pays you back with personal items and history... good luck hunting my friend... :detecting:

Mudder
02-27-2013, 07:49 PM
I don't know, it makes my back hurt just to look at it. You did great thanks for sharing. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

River Styx
03-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Very cool, any photo's of any of it after cleaning? Love to see the difference.