PDA

View Full Version : A short one hour walk

pulltabsteve
02-24-2013, 06:03 PM
I had to get out today for a little peace and detecting. The weather hasn't been too bad and the snow is starting to disappear.

I decided to go to a local schoolyard that I've had some luck at in the past. The field was partly snow covered and some spots of ground were still frozen solid.

I got a good sounding 12-47 at 6 and out came a nice little Sterling ring. thumbsup01 A few feet away I got the snowman which came in as gold but when I got home and cleaned it up it ended up being junk. I also got a 1945 Merc.

My detecting buddy has been away with his family skiing in Vermont and I knew he was on his way home so I texted him pictures so he could see the fun he was missing out on :yes:

Have a great work week everyone.

freemindstuck
02-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Sweet ring! I'm a little jealous that you got out. :barf: Four inches of snow here and another storm coming.

aloldstuff
02-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Yup we still have about 6-8 inches of snow. :congrats: on your keepers. I would do the same thing with my detecting buddy.

Tony Two-Cent
02-24-2013, 08:26 PM
More fun than skiing any day! thumbsup01

Congrats on the neat finds, especially that nice big silver ring! :loveit:

Awesome winter hunt, Steve! |:cheering:

Ill Digger
02-25-2013, 01:04 AM
Nice finds Steve!
I like the silver ring! thumbsup01 :cool:
Congrats on all the goodies! |:cheering:

My detecting buddy has been away with his family skiing in Vermont and I knew he was on his way home so I texted him pictures so he could see the fun he was missing out on :yes:
lol What are friends for! :poke: :hysterical:

dave in iowa
02-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Lucky dog , 3 weeks or so before i get out here in iowa , great hunt |:cheering:

buck57
02-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Very nice ring there Steve :congrats: Good for you for getting out. Here in mid Mo we got 12 of the white stuff, and another 6-12 tonight. Talk about getting cabin fever :shocked04:verreaction:

CODY
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Happy you were able to get out. Nice finds. Been raining here most every day. Feb. in Mississippi. HH

leslie(nova scotia)
02-25-2013, 03:40 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....wowzer dun gud for the time of year. Thanks for posting and continued gud luck youz! <;)

skribnodsister
02-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Nice finds Steve! Sweet Silver ring |:cheering: Glad someone is able to go out detecting. The grounds is still :frozen: here. :crying02: Congrats on the Silver :happy:

starman2
02-26-2013, 03:11 PM
:congrats: On adding 2 more silvers to your collection!! Just startin to get rid of the snow here in southeastern Michigan. Now another snowstorm predicted tonight :frozen:. Starting to go crazy :bananadance:. Just when I think I'm going to be able to get out. Mother nature says Oh no you Dont Glad you could get out! WTG!! Nice Photo's!!

Woody420
03-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Wow Great hunt Steve!!! Good finds with the limited areas to dig!! I haven't had time to swing the machine since the last time with you and Mike. Can't wait to get out again!

tanacat
03-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Congrats on the silver Steve! :waving: Great pics! Bummer on the snowman not being gold- but it's cute reminder of your snowy day of hunting :)

I'm hoping our snow will melt 'enough' by tomorrow afternoon too lol People don't stare as much if there's a little grass showing while detecting rofl