PDA

View Full Version : Silver and Large Cent

angellionel
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
John (midas) and I met up this afternoon to detect for a few hours at a local site. We worked a field where the targets, even trash, were few. It was a respite from the battering of signals typically met with at parks layered with trash. Though there weren't many targets I did manage to dig up a few keepers - several wheat cents, an 1835 large cent, a dateless Standing Liberty quarter with a 'D' mintmark, and a 1940-D mercury dime.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/silvercoins_041610.jpg

This one makes the eleventh large cent I have picked up this year. I found it while detecting one of the trails located near the field.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/1835largecent_041610.jpg

HH!

coinnut
04-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Stop with the large cents already :lol: It's bad enough keeping Del off of me. :rolleyes: Nice finds and you gave your ears a rest :yes: Glad you had a good hunt! Want to meet John sometime soon too. Back to the parks for you my friend ;)

a dateless SLQ with a 'D' mintmark,

:lol: :lol: :lol: They don't count :rofl:

angellionel
04-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Stop with the large cents already :lol: It's bad enough keeping Del off of me. :rolleyes: Nice finds and you gave your ears a rest :yes: Glad you had a good hunt! Want to meet John sometime soon too. Back to the parks for you my friend ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: They don't count :rofl:

Not even if it has a mint mark? :lol: I will have to get the silver version of nic-a-date to force a date out of the coin then. :cheesysmile: :lol:

It will be good to get together with John for some detecting sometime. :yes:

hockeyguy
04-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Very nice Angel. I know what you mean by fewer tones and less exercise on the ear drums. You are listening to everything aren't you? The opera of the ground! :confused:

angellionel
04-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Very nice Angel. I know what you mean by fewer tones and less exercise on the ear drums. You are listening to everything aren't you? The opera of the ground! :confused:

The discrimination pattern I'm using does allow for picking up just about all targets except most iron. It was nice to give my ears a rest. :yes:

Epi-hunter
04-16-2010, 11:56 PM
It was nice to give my ears a rest. :yes:

I know better :lol: Your ears hear the high tones. ;) You hear and recognize the crucial mid-tones too, but otherwise the trash tones might as well be silent. ;) You don't hear them. :)

Nice hunt today! The large cent has seen better days but is still a nice find. And I always love walking liberty quarters, even the dateless ones (that don't count as silver, right George? :lol: )

That site should yield some other very good finds!

John M
04-17-2010, 03:41 AM
You are on a roll with the Large Cents Angel.I guess we have to stay out of the woods and hit the parks to find them.

Cousin Cheech
04-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Nice finds Angel... hopfully you and John didn't get bothered by any pesky coppers (not the coins) like the last time you two got together on that hill...

angellionel
04-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Nice finds Angel... hopfully you and John didn't get bothered by any pesky coppers (not the coins) like the last time you two got together on that hill...

:lol: :lol:

Hey, I'm glad you decided to join us! I didn't get to talk to you when you stopped by that last time we were at that location, but John did say you have an interest in finding old relics and enjoy the history that comes along with them. We do have many knowledgeable and experienced members here who also love that part of the hobby.

Welcome aboard, and enjoy! :thumbsup01:

del
04-17-2010, 05:38 PM
another good hunt there Angel , your copper totals are outstanding so far and the silver count isn't to shabby either. :lol: :lol:
the patina on the large cent looks like the the extremely stubborn variety . :mad: congrats.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-17-2010, 10:01 PM
how many large cents this year? geesh it was bad enough trying to keep up with Dan & the G man.now i got sniffy and you to contend with :confused: :bop:
nice day out for sure! :thumbsup01:

ProPointer
04-18-2010, 10:05 AM
I would expect nothing else from you Angel. :thumbsup01:

hoser
04-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Outstanding hunt Angel. You do have an impressive coin count going on this year so far. Keep it up. :thumbsup01:

John S
04-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Your standing liberty even with no date has more value then the 40 dime. Good work.

SeabeeRon
04-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Large Cents & Silver, who can ask for more........ :cool: