PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Headphones

starman2
02-28-2013, 02:14 PM
:waving: Hey All! Picked up a pair of TDK WR700 Wireless headphones the other day on Ebay, for $81.00 shipped. Thought I would share my opinion about them. I have not field tested them yet. Well, because I live in Michigan. But I did take them out on the back porch. And layed down a couple coins, and Silver medal. They seem to work very well. Plenty of volume. (Adjustible). The phones seem to be very comfortable on my head, and ears. But with a firm grip. The sound is great! Clear and sharp. I affixed the transmitter to the side of the arm cup, with some velcro. Which might be temporary. Radio shack sells extensions. So that you could mount it about anywhere. I'm thinking inside the X-1 probe control box protective wrap. That would keep it clean and dry. So far I really like them. I think the only draw back is carrying an extra 4 AAA batteries with you. The unit turns itself off after 5 minutes of not receiving any sounds. And the batteries are supposed to last about 30 hours. (we'll see!) I always carry extra batteries anyway. Added a couple of pics of my set up. KEEP DIGGIN! :detecting:

Willems
02-28-2013, 03:00 PM
The are verry good.
A lot off detectorist also use them here.
Whatch out for water.

ssserena
02-28-2013, 06:09 PM
ok tons of questions here.First of all is $81 dollars normal second of all how do you install it do you just plug in a super glue to the side of the machine.Third of all does it have a warrant.Fouth of all are those hear phones comfortable.5th of all does any of the sponsors in here sell them.Sixth of all are they American made not as important as mu other questions.Seventh question how the heck do you install it,do you just plug in attach to side then what is there a otion on the screen to get it going or do you have down load it.If I have to do anything with the internet and downloading I am not interested at all.But if its as simple as getting the ear phones going like the whites v3i was im very interested.And wow were those whites v3i earphones super comfortable.As you all know ive been through thick and thin in trying to find cordless ear phones for the etrac.ive even offered a big cash reward on the person that would get these for me but I guess people out there are just out for themselves in finding memebers nice things.Ive prayed to god himself and asked him if he could find somebody to find me these so obveously god must me to get these because I saw this post.FRUSTRATED MEMBER............................................ ........................ :white:usaflag::

DigginNy
02-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Wow...Take a breath ssserena. My only question is this, Is there a sound delay from the machine to the headphones when you hit a target?

ssserena
02-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Sorry for part of that last post now that im calmed down it is very tough to find cordless ear phones for the etrac.When I have my mind set on something I don't back down,The last think I want to do is get a debate on minelab cordless ear phones,i do want them to supply affordable cordlessear phones to the public and this is a problem they need to address.

starman2
02-28-2013, 09:34 PM
ok tons of questions here.First of all is $81 dollars normal second of all how do you install it do you just plug in a super glue to the side of the machine.Third of all does it have a warrant.Fouth of all are those hear phones comfortable.5th of all does any of the sponsors in here sell them.Sixth of all are they American made not as important as mu other questions.Seventh question how the heck do you install it,do you just plug in attach to side then what is there a otion on the screen to get it going or do you have down load it.If I have to do anything with the internet and downloading I am not interested at all.But if its as simple as getting the ear phones going like the whites v3i was im very interested.And wow were those whites v3i earphones super comfortable.As you all know ive been through thick and thin in trying to find cordless ear phones for the etrac.ive even offered a big cash reward on the person that would get these for me but I guess people out there are just out for themselves in finding memebers nice things.Ive prayed to god himself and asked him if he could find somebody to find me these so obveously god must me to get these because I saw this post.FRUSTRATED MEMBER............................................ ........................ :white:usaflag::
I sent you a P.M. in answer to your P.M. I hope this clears things up!

starman2
02-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Wow...Take a breath ssserena. My only question is this, Is there a sound delay from the machine to the headphones when you hit a target?
HI, Not any different then the Auvio's. The transmitter is so close that there is no delay. I find that the signal reaches my ears before the coil has passed the target. Lets say from the center of the coil to the outer ring. Which I think is about normal. There is no delay in Pinpointing. So far I can't wait to try them in the field. Found some on Amazon for $124.55 plus shipping (new). The other ones I found. Were the Front Gate Noise Canceling Wireless Headphones. Which can be found by typing in your search, what I just typed. $99.50. Was $179.00 They look pretty good too. (Small transmitter) If they work as well as the TDK WR700's. They would be a more reasonable price. :crossfingers:

happycamper08
04-08-2013, 06:57 AM
If you are looking to go wireless check out this site. http://www.getdiggin.com/

Wisconsin Lockman
04-09-2013, 11:35 AM
I have a set of Auvio's before they quit selling these. I use them on my Whites DFX and they work super. It is sure nice in brushy areas.

nicklehead
04-10-2013, 06:34 PM
After a three week wait for shipping I finally was able to use these. With the $50 card offer from Amazon they cost me $.82 so there wasn't much to lose. With a set-up similar to starman's, they seem to work great on the e-trac. On the F75 , as seems to be the case with everything on that machine , they were a dismal failure and made the already poor tonal quality much worse.

http://www.rapoo.com/showdetails.aspx?P_No=H3070

redbird
08-17-2013, 12:45 PM
I tried them on my mxt but there not compatible >{, I bought them new and tried them once in feild I am going to sell them the (TDK WR 700) , >:tongue:So im going to use my wired ones until I find the right pair for the mxt pro .Anyone here have a setup for the mxt to go wireless

Hunt4Fun
08-20-2013, 02:43 AM
I tried them on my mxt but there not compatible >{, I bought them new and tried them once in feild I am going to sell them the (TDK WR 700) , >:tongue:So im going to use my wired ones until I find the right pair for the mxt pro .Anyone here have a setup for the mxt to go wireless

Hi redbird,
I have been using a discontinued model of Auvio wireless headphones that appear to be almost identical to the TDK WR 700. They work great on my MXT. Are you certain there is a compatibility problem? Is it possible you have a bad 1/4 inch Plug Adapter or a bad jumper?
Good luck
Bob

redbird
08-20-2013, 03:17 PM
they seem to let me miss targets I tried with my friends mxt and went over with mine and it would not pick up what his got ..complete miss.

Hunt4Fun
08-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Something seems very strange. Will your detector with wired headphones pick up the signals your friend's MXT found?

Willems
08-21-2013, 02:45 AM
If you want a good wireless headphone and detecting normal you have to buy an xp detector thumbsup01
Specialy the Deus.

redbird
08-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Im using the wired ones and they work fine , The wireless headphones work good on my stereo so theres nothing wrong with them but on the mxt its a no go . I see in the top page they work great with minelab machines

Hunt4Fun
08-21-2013, 04:03 PM
When successfully using the wireless headphones with your stereo, is the short jumper wire and adapter plug that came with the headphones also connected?

redbird
08-24-2013, 01:13 PM
yes they work fine

Hunt4Fun
08-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Well ... I give up. My Auvio stereo wireless headphones with a short extension cord and 1/4” stereo adapter plug work great on my MXT. Am baffled why your similarly equipped TDK stereo wireless headphones will not do the same.

Guess I have not completely given up. The last thing I can think of that would explain this is .... the 1/4” adapter plug is not making complete contact in the detector’s jack.

Hope this somehow works out for you.
Bob

redbird
08-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Are they the same with the put out 20000 hz sensitivity 5db impedence 32 ohms