PDA

View Full Version : First excursion with AT Pro

Skamaniac
03-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Well, the AT Pro arrived yesterday so I took it out on its maiden voyage today. It's pretty cool but I still have a lot of experimenting to do and some new things to get used to. Like working with headphones, for instance. They were handy when a train was going by, but not so much when I looked up from where I was kneeling and there a mountain biker looking at me. :shocked04: I had not heard him approach. I don't know who was more startled: me because I thought I was alone and was suddenly sharing an intimate space with a two-wheeled ninja, or him because the crazy guy on his knees was suddeny speaking in tongues because real words wouldn't form. Anyhow, the new machine worked well enough in two hours that I found 22 clad coins and a lead plumb bob. Just wait 'til I figure out what I'm doing!

CODY
03-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Sounds like you had a great hunt. Keep us posted on your finds. I'm thinking about getting one just because its waterproof. Rains a good bit here. I've had to quite too many times because of light showers. Congrats on your finds.

Skamaniac
03-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Same here. It's not called the Pacific Northwettest for nothing! Plus, I'm sure I'll drop it in a creek before the year is out.

Ill Digger
03-02-2013, 02:18 AM
I don't know who was more startled: me because I thought I was alone and was suddenly sharing an intimate space with a two-wheeled ninja, or him because the crazy guy on his knees was suddeny speaking in tongues because real words wouldn't form.
<} Now that's funny! :hysterical:
Sorry I don't mean to laugh.... lol But I'm laughing because I had a similar situation happen to me once. :yes:
Now what I do is wear only one side over 1 ear at a time. That way you still got some surround sounds covered. ;)
I know there's a set of headphones called the Rattlers. They only have one ear muff. I've often thought about giving them a try. :thinkingabout:
A guy I know from YouTube, Dave American Coin Hunting, he hunts mainly city of Chicago parks and he uses them exclusively. So he can hear any, would be thugs :beatdown: :behave: , sneaking up on him while he's down on his knees. thumbsup01

.....But anyways! lol It sounds like your off and running with the new AT Pro! :yes:
Congrats on the finds ! :grin:

OxShoeDrew
03-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Nice start, and I wish you continued success with the new machine.

starman2
03-02-2013, 08:28 AM
:clapping: I'm happy to hear that you were able to try out the new MD! As far as someone sneaking up on you. I try to keep aware of my surroundings, when I'm walking. So that when I do get down on my knees. I kind of know whats going on. It is scary sometimes. It all depends where you're at. As far as not using headphones. I just can't hear the sounds good enough, with out them. My battery went dead on me once. So I tried working without the phones. I had a heck of a time, hearing the subtle sounds. Good luck with the new MD!!

aloldstuff
03-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Two wheeled ninja....now thats :hysterical:. Keep experimenting with that AT Pro, I've seen some great finds posted with that machine.