PDA

View Full Version : It has been 45-49 for the last 2 days in Connecticut...

CTDirtFisher
03-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Temps have been 45-49 in Connecticut... and with 2 days of rain mid week the ground was perfect last 2 night... I got in a combined 3 hours of Detecting... The 1908 Norwich Dog Tag is my oldest (was 1913), nice 1880 Indian Head Penny... The V nickel is in rough shape... and the Skeleton Key is beautiful... Feels good to be out detecting again...

ChrisinCT
03-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Nice finds . It does feel good to get out again.

starman2
03-02-2013, 08:33 AM
:perfect10: Very nice finds! Temps are supposed to start rising here in Mich. this next week. I've been doing a sun dance around my MD hoping the Gods will give us a break here. Going crazy :twirlingeyes: waitin to dip my digger!! Beautiful IH, and Key! WTG! :bananadance:

del
03-02-2013, 08:36 AM
very nice Paul , i bet it was great to swing the coil again . i gotta get get gearing up to do it as i hope to get out very soon. congrats on the finds |:cheering:

aloldstuff
03-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Paul, some nice keepers and glad you got out. We are getting more and more grassy areas up here in MA. It's been over 4 weeks since I went out, going nuts.

:congrats: on the skeleton key, love finding them. Your silver and IH look really good also

CODY
03-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Nice finds. :frozen: sounds COLD!

Kalamazoo Metal Detecting
03-02-2013, 04:48 PM
I found loads of keys last year, but not one skeleton key. I hope to find one this detecting season. :needadrink:

dave in iowa
03-02-2013, 04:52 PM
good hunt , cant wait , maybe 3 more weeks
|:cheering:

buck57
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Great bunch of finds there Paul :congrats: And glad you had a chance to get out. Here in mid Missouri we have had back to back 10-12 inch storms, and looks like no detecting for a bit :girlcry: :girlcry:

Mudder
03-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Paul

Great hunting, and it would be great hunting even if it was warm there. From what I hear I'm not sure how you got a hole in the ground. :clapping: :clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
03-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Great finds, Paul!

Very nice looking 1880 Indian Head, and I really like the old dog tag too! |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
03-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Nice hunt, I tried but the snow is still 6in in places. :(

AmxFred
03-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Very nice finds! :clapping: Can't wait until our weather clears up and things thaw out. :detecting:

JdsCoins
03-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Nice hunt! The 1880 indian looks good! :)

CTDirtFisher
03-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Nice finds . It does feel good to get out again.

Chris... Thank you... Keep the passion high...

:perfect10: Very nice finds! Temps are supposed to start rising here in Mich. this next week. I've been doing a sun dance around my MD hoping the Gods will give us a break here. Going crazy :twirlingeyes: waitin to dip my digger!! Beautiful IH, and Key! WTG! :bananadance:

Starman... You will be out there soon... waitin to dip your digger... hmmm.... TMI :shocked04:stretcher: Thank you for your kind words sir :-)

very nice Paul , i bet it was great to swing the coil again . i gotta get get gearing up to do it as i hope to get out very soon. congrats on the finds |:cheering:

Dan beDaMAN !!How you been.. I haven't seen you and George in... long time :-( I look forward to your goodies this year :-)

Paul, some nice keepers and glad you got out. We are getting more and more grassy areas up here in MA. It's been over 4 weeks since I went out, going nuts.

:congrats: on the skeleton key, love finding them. Your silver and IH look really good also

Al... Thank you...

Nice finds. :frozen: sounds COLD!

Cody... Isn't is strange that it is never cold when goodies are recovered from mother earth... :frozen:

I found loads of keys last year, but not one skeleton key. I hope to find one this detecting season. :needadrink:

KZOO MDing... :waving: Skeleton keys are always nice to find... Most of the ones I've found are in decent shape... but a few are twisted or some part of the end are broken off... but I hope you get one or a few of them soon :clapping:

good hunt , cant wait , maybe 3 more weeks
|:cheering:

Dave :waving: Thank you... I'm looking forward to your posts this year...

Great bunch of finds there Paul :congrats: And glad you had a chance to get out. Here in mid Missouri we have had back to back 10-12 inch storms, and looks like no detecting for a bit :girlcry: :girlcry:

Buck57 :waving: You will be out there soon... Next 2-6 weeks... Really... I'd just keep listening to The Beetles... Here comes the sun
Thank you sir...

Paul

Great hunting, and it would be great hunting even if it was warm there. From what I hear I'm not sure how you got a hole in the ground. :clapping: :clapping:

Mudder - The ground here is nice soft and easy digging... We were lucky on the shore with some warmth and 2-3 days of rain in the 40's...

Great finds, Paul!

Very nice looking 1880 Indian Head, and I really like the old dog tag too! |:cheering:

Tony... :waving: Thank you sir... I got 2 IH's this year... both 1880... but I liked the old Dog Tag and Key better :-) It's funny how getting an IH just to be OMGAWD a few years back... now I just expect them... *idontknow*

Nice hunt, I tried but the snow is still 6in in places. :(

OxShoeDrew... Soon good sir... soon...

Very nice finds! :clapping: Can't wait until our weather clears up and things thaw out. :detecting:

AmxFred :waving: Crazy that we got a late winter... but spring is upon us...

Nice hunt! The 1880 indian looks good! :)

JdsCoins - Thank you sir :-)

tanacat
03-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Beautiful IH |:cheering:

Let the contest begin! :beerbuddy: I love the idea to have it last all year.