PDA

View Full Version : Colonial hunt with Del

coinnut
04-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Wanted to go up to a site that has given up 3 coppers before, but other than that, targets were sparse. Today we found some holes near there and targets again were sparse lol So we headed back to the 3 copper hole. It was a long day and we worked hard for our targets. Sometimes the light rain is enough to make you detecting less than stellar :yes: But it cleared up and so did our falsing machines :ticked: Finally managed 2 coppers. One is an 1739 George II, the other is toast (a George II also) Some odds and ends and a beautiful iron backed Eagle cuff button and a odd looking bullet. My second hunt of the day didn't produce much of anything good.

angellionel
04-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Wow! That is a sweet old copper. The on-and-off rain today was a pain, but that's a great detecting day any way you look at it. thumbsup01

sniffy
04-17-2010, 07:51 PM
KILLIN IT! thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-17-2010, 07:51 PM
sweet coppers! i see you making your goal this year in the copper dept.
sweet day out! thumbsup01

del
04-17-2010, 08:50 PM
ya it was alot of hiking around today and tough to find targets , glad you pulled them coppers out at the end to at
least give ya something to show for the trouble. good day out George thumbsup01 hey i told you that was the young headed
King George older than the one i got last weekend.good shape too.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-17-2010, 08:54 PM
ya it was alot of hiking around today and tough to find targets , glad you pulled them coppers out at the end to at
least give ya something to show for the trouble. good day out George thumbsup01 hey i told you that was the young headed
King George older than the one i got last weekend.good shape too.

sorry dan ya didn't have a good day.you'll make up for it i'm sure on the next hunt ;) :yes:

John M
04-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Good looking stuff George.Couple Coppas and a nice looking Eagle button.Can't complain about them on a kind of wet day.

sjv
04-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Ohhh ok so you two did go out. Glad ya found some decent finds. Friday del an I went out and I struck out. Have to find a good program for my 5.3 coil (whites XLT). The 9.5 coil is hard for me because ,well you know. Got a slingy thing I made but it was alot of up an down detecting. Better luck maybe this week (Sat. or Sun.). I had a hard enough time getting into del's jeep. Thought I was gonna have to get a ladder. The lift is higher than b4 :embarrassed: should seen me getting in. It sucks being 5' 6 . lol lol lol

KirkPA
04-19-2010, 02:59 PM
George the Colonial Man,

It is always nice to see the Connecticut hunters getting the Colonial goodies. :drool: You guys could quit your day jobs and make this a fun job. rofl Keep hunting those cellar holes with fervor. I feel a GW button is going to sneak under your coil this year. You guys dig too many Colonial artifacts for one of those bad baby's not to get dug.

Kirk thumbsup01

coinnut
04-19-2010, 03:25 PM
George the Colonial Man,

I feel a GW button is going to sneak under your coil this year. You guys dig too many Colonial artifacts for one of those bad baby's not to get dug.

Kirk thumbsup01

We dig a lot, but someone always beats us to the GW's lol I hope you're right though :yes: