PDA

View Full Version : Mar 2nd 2013 Digs...

CTDirtFisher
03-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Hello all...

I hit 2 spots yesterday... The 1st one was a new spot and I gave it 90 minutes to look around and see what the site was like... Lots of fill and trash... wire, scraps or metal, and furniture nails... :-(

I then went back to the spot I murdered with my ETrac that I hit in January for the 1st time in 18 months: http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=12343.msg132444#msg132444

I spent 2.5 hours here and the 1st hour was pretty quiet... a few coins... nothing old.. not even a wheat penny...

I moved towards the back left where I recovered the Walking Liberty Half in January...

I got a 1920 wheat... Then a 1944 wheat...

Then I got a dime signal @ 3... In the plug sticking out I could see the back of a Merc... 1944 :-)

[attachimg=1]

I got a few more wheat pennies... Then I got a Penny / Dime range signal... @ 5... I popped out the plug... nothing with the pinpointer... hmm... deeper...

There it is... I popped out the dirt and the coin onto my towel... ANOTHER Walking Liberty HALF !! 1943

In the 1st 5 years of my young detecting career... I've recovered 8 Silver Half Dollars... Now I have 2 this year... :-) I love my 3030...

[attachimg=2]

After a few more pieces of clad and a couple more wheaties andother Merc @ 4-5 inches... 1943

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

9 wheaties 1920-1957 and 3 pieces of silver... I fished my wish for this day and love this great hobby :-)

I hope everyone got out and had a chance to fish their wish...

Respectfully,
Paul

Mudder
03-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Sweet silver day Paul! Don't want to take away from the walking half, but I do love finding the Mercs and you found two. Great hunting and :congrats:

dave in iowa
03-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Great hunt , no hunting here in iowa yet , but it wont be long ,,,,,,i hope

aloldstuff
03-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Paul, thank you for posting this. It's been so long since I have hit the dirt but reading other peoples posts have kept me going. Great hunting and congrats on the WLH and the mercs

starman2
03-03-2013, 11:00 PM
:wow: :omg: What can we say? You da man! :congrats: on the big slver, and mercs! Still a white frozen tundra here in Mich. :frozen: But things are looking up! :detecting:

CODY
03-04-2013, 03:59 AM
:wow: Silver, silver, silver. Congrats on some great finds.

Lodge Scent
03-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Wow! Nice job sniffing out that shiney stuff !

Tony Two-Cent
03-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Big Silver! <:

Another terrific hunt for you, Paul! It's always a thrill to get a silver half! |:cheering:

Skamaniac
03-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Very impressive!

CTDirtFisher
03-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Sweet silver day Paul! Don't want to take away from the walking half, but I do love finding the Mercs and you found two. Great hunting and :congrats:

I like Merc's as well... and LOVE finding Silver WLH's :-) Thank you sir...

Great hunt , no hunting here in iowa yet , but it wont be long ,,,,,,i hope

Dave, I hope that ground thaws soon for you... Spring is alllllmost here...

Paul, thank you for posting this. It's been so long since I have hit the dirt but reading other peoples posts have kept me going. Great hunting and congrats on the WLH and the mercs

Hey Al !! Thank you for the kind words... and we'll be comenting your your posts soon... Spring is upon us...

:wow: :omg: What can we say? You da man! :congrats: on the big slver, and mercs! Still a white frozen tundra here in Mich. :frozen: But things are looking up! :detecting:

Thank you StarMan... The Frozen Tundra in Mich will thaw soon... really... I'm psychic... Next 2-6 weeks to be specific...

:wow: Silver, silver, silver. Congrats on some great finds.

Thank you Cody...

Wow! Nice job sniffing out that shiney stuff !

Me like shiney... Actually I think we all do :peace: Thank you sir :-)

Big Silver! <:

Another terrific hunt for you, Paul! It's always a thrill to get a silver half! |:cheering:

Tony... Thank you... and I agree... It is ALWAYS a thrill when a silver half pops out... Especially when you don't expect it... I'm using Ferrous Coin / Combined Audio on the 3030 and both of these halfs from this site looked liked a dime at best... so they were a suprise...

Very impressive!

Thank you sir...

swamp yankee
04-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Hello all...

I hit 2 spots yesterday... The 1st one was a new spot and I gave it 90 minutes to look around and see what the site was like... Lots of fill and trash... wire, scraps or metal, and furniture nails... :-(

I then went back to the spot I murdered with my ETrac that I hit in January for the 1st time in 18 months: http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=12343.msg132444#msg132444

I spent 2.5 hours here and the 1st hour was pretty quiet... a few coins... nothing old.. not even a wheat penny...

I moved towards the back left where I recovered the Walking Liberty Half in January...

I got a 1920 wheat... Then a 1944 wheat...

Then I got a dime signal @ 3... In the plug sticking out I could see the back of a Merc... 1944 :-)

[attachimg=1]

I got a few more wheat pennies... Then I got a Penny / Dime range signal... @ 5... I popped out the plug... nothing with the pinpointer... hmm... deeper...

There it is... I popped out the dirt and the coin onto my towel... ANOTHER Walking Liberty HALF !! 1943

In the 1st 5 years of my young detecting career... I've recovered 8 Silver Half Dollars... Now I have 2 this year... :-) I love my 3030...

[attachimg=2]

After a few more pieces of clad and a couple more wheaties andother Merc @ 4-5 inches... 1943

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

9 wheaties 1920-1957 and 3 pieces of silver... I fished my wish for this day and love this great hobby :-)

I hope everyone got out and had a chance to fish their wish...

Respectfully,
Paul
Great walker Paul! We all hate to have to wade thru the rubbish but the good stuff likes to hide there it seems. Best of luck this season and HH to all.....