PDA

View Full Version : 1st Hunt in over a month* 2 coppers & silver

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-03-2013, 06:29 PM
sat Got out with Thiltzy(Todd) & his friend John. Todd had a lead on on some potential cellar holes but we never found em.Instead we found ourselves 2 miles into the woods and no where to go but through a swamp :omg:
stepping on grass clumps and fighting our way through green viney prickers :bananadance:
needless to say we made it out alive.found a cellar hole close to the road. I got the sterling silver brooch for the day.
Sunday Todd & me headed out to some of my sites but there was too much snow at all of them.so,we decided to head south a bit to a field with a salt box colonial home on the bordering property. I got 2 coppers, a King George II and a pretty wiped out one.having a hard time figuring what it is ?
& a cool fleur di lis bell or door knob face? was a great weekend for having limited sites due to the snow still on the ground

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-03-2013, 06:31 PM
more pics

aloldstuff
03-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Dave, it's been about the same time since I have gotten to dig in the dirt. :congrats: on the coppers, that KG looks really good and the sterling is a nice find also. You're 2 miles in the woods, have to travel thru a swamp and then you find a cellar hole near the road. Don't know what to say......

del
03-03-2013, 07:24 PM
hey stranger ;) nice start to the year |:cheering: |:cheering: good looking George II copper :smitten: trudging through a swamp huh :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: thats sounds familiar for some reason :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: oh yeah thats what i did last summer , now just imagine detecting in that swamp Dave :yes:

its good to see you out again my friend :cheering:

Dan

Thiltzy
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
That KG II clean up pretty good Dave and the bell thingy is very cool. BTW...that camera took a nice macro pic of the sterling piece |:cheering:.
The day turned out okay, I was getting a little worried we would get skunked. Congrats on the 2 coppers

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-03-2013, 07:36 PM
thanks Todd I used my old camera for the macro shots & Dan.I can't even imagine swinging in a swamp.Dan what do ya think the fluer di lis thing is? a bell?

del
03-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Dan what do ya think the fluer di lis thing is? a bell?

it resembles an old victorian door ringer to me Dave .

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-03-2013, 07:45 PM
it resembles an old victorian door ringer to me Dave .

oh ok.but its a salt box colonial right where i found this? :dontknow: i know it's not colonial.this hobby is so weird sometimes :confused:

Lodge Scent
03-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Nice digs! I agree on the door bell ringer. It looks like you can see where the striker kept hitting that one spot??

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-05-2013, 10:21 PM
located the maker of the silver brooch

del
03-06-2013, 03:54 AM
any time period of when they were in business until?? because that looks atleast turn of the century to about 1920's era to me .

Dan

ps. [size=24pt]5000th post boo-yaaa :happy:

CTDirtFisher
03-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Dave, sa-weeet finds....

Paul

ssserena
03-06-2013, 05:20 PM
ya i found a guy who gives me 15 cents for every square nail I bring him!Very nice finds!

del
03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
ya i found a guy who gives me 15 cents for every square nail I bring him!Very nice finds!

:shocked03: 15 cents for every square nail ... :thinkingabout: whats his number to get a hold of him , with all the wrought iron square nails i've dug i might be able to retire early. lol lol

chief5709
03-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Nice finds Dave! The door bell ringer is something I've never seen dug before! :perfect10:

OxShoeDrew
03-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Dave, love the ox shoe :smitten: :daydream: lol
I bet it felt good to get back into the swing of things.
Nice hunt!