PDA

View Full Version : Silver #8 ?

AmxFred
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
The last week has been just horrible. I have had a bad cold :sick: and I am having silver withdrawals because the snow is 6 inches deep and it is freezing outside. :frozen: I woke up today feeling a little better so I decided I have to do something with metal detecting to help offset my cabin fever and depression. The Youtube videos are not doing the job anymore. :needadrink: So I decide to to clean up my detecting area in the garage and make a couple new shelves for my finds. After about two hours of work I realize that I need a couple of pieces of wood so I decide to head for Lowes to get it. On the way to Lowes I pass a McDonalds and I noticed the McChicken sandwiches are on sale for a $1.00. The cars are lined out to the highway because it is lunch time but I decided I have got to eat so I got in line. I ordered my food and drink and the girl hands me my .31 cents change. As soon as it hit my hand I could feel it! A 1964 silver Washington Quarter!!!! :happy: <: :bananadance: happydance02 What are the odds? All the people lined up and my sudden last minute decision to eat. This is unbelievable. Now comes the question. Since I was working on something related to metal detecting should it count as my silver coin #8 for 2013? :dontknow: What do you think?

POKIE73
03-03-2013, 08:17 PM
no way remember i got the silver quarter from my son somebody said that it didnt count i belive it was you congrats anyway dennis :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

AmxFred
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
no way remember i got the silver quarter from my son somebody said that it didnt count i belive it was you congrats anyway dennis :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:
What you got was a gift from someone. This isn't even close to a gift. This was fate! Sweet silver nectar! happydance02

starman2
03-03-2013, 11:11 PM
\:hammer: \:hammer: \:hammer: We'll give you half a silver find. So thats silver 7.5 lol :congrats: on an easy dig! :bananadance:

marinedad
03-03-2013, 11:37 PM
it would count if you had your detector on in the car and scanned the change in your hand before looking at it. during the 2nd full moon of the month at the same time lightning strikes. :crazy:

CODY
03-04-2013, 03:51 AM
HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! No Way!!!! \:hammer: \:hammer: \:hammer:. Congrats on finding it tho!

aloldstuff
03-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Not found metal detecting.....doesn't count, but :congrats: on getting some silver anyway.

AmxFred
03-04-2013, 10:16 AM
HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! No Way!!!! \:hammer: \:hammer: \:hammer:. Congrats on finding it tho!
Gee Whiz! You guys are tough. :white:usaflag::

jkress
03-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Congrats Fred on the quarter. :clapping: What a nice surprise that must have been. <:

If you would have waved your coil over your hand... it would have counted. :cheesysmile: Since you didn't... it doesn't count.

However, you have continuously had some awesome silver numbers every year. One less won't matter at the end of 2013. :beerbuddy:

ssserena
03-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Great dig buddy way to go!Your just killing the silver man.You are my silver hero! :eyebrow: