PDA

View Full Version : This weeks finds w/ V3

xzlr8n
04-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Hit three different houses this week. Had an hour or two after work and was finished with my kid's stuff to detect. I wish I had more time for a more thorough sweeping, but I was happy to pull nine Wheaties and a 1913 Barber Dime :yes:. Interesting find was the glass button top. This button had an aluminum base and iron thread holder that was in rough shape. So I pulled the glass off it and found some markings on the base of the red glass saying Made in Czechoslovakia. Nice quality button that I know nothing about?? Continuing to use the hybrid Yazoo/Jack correlate program with success. Still running into some iffy signals with this program just like the C&J program, but I'm learning what is good and what is bad slowly but surely. None of the iffy signals have produced good finds so that is good I guess. Enjoy pics and good luck hunting!!

hoser
04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Congrats on the barber. You can still read Liberty on the band. That one wheat on the top of the fourth pic looks like a steel cent. Is it? Well done.

xzlr8n
04-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks Hoser!! The Barber has good detail, but has white hue almost weathered aluminum looking that makes it kind of ugly for appeal :crying02:. That steely looking wheat is a regular one, it caught the flash just right to make it look steel looking.

ProPointer
04-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Nice finds thumbsup01 Is that a Steel Wheat? If so, WTG!

coinnut
04-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey, no fair, you coins hold up so much better that ours do lol Nice haul. Sweet little Barber and them wheats are nice enough looking to actually collect them. Mine are in a junk jar. :ticked: Nice looking glass button too. Hope you can get back to the all them sites with a little more time to hunt.

Epi-hunter
04-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Great finds! Beautiful barber and congrats on the steel wheat!

angellionel
04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
That is a beautiful Barber dime, and the wheats held up well too. Nice hunt!

Ferrous
04-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Wow, lots of great finds. In good shape too. thumbsup01
Looking at the glass piece reminds me of my delinquent youth. In the 1960s my buddy and I climbed up on the score board at the high school and pried the glass lenses that covered the lights that made up the numbers. They couldn't get replacements to they had to replace the score boards. :embarrassed: They had a metal base that held them in place. Looked very much like yours.

I hope the statute of limitations is up.