PDA

View Full Version : Couple of hours yesterday.

John M
04-18-2010, 06:08 AM
Went out for a few hours yesterday in search of a few spots.I did more searching than hunting and by the time I started to detect I was already pretty much soaked.Walked all the way back to a large center chimney cellar hole I passed earlier.Big hole,big barn and a nice stretch of the old road running straight through it.Started to detect on the back side on a current logging road and got a quick deep hit that turned out to be part of a frame buckle.I then went into the house area that is pretty grown up with brush and it all got quiet,hit pretty good.Crossed the old road and worked around the picker bushes and got a deep button.Two feet away from the button found a 1869 Indian Head.Spent about another 45 minutes and got a few more items but decided to call it quits as I was soaked from walking through all the wet brush.Will have to return when it dries up.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-18-2010, 08:06 AM
nice john! if they missed those targets there's bound to be other stuff they missed thumbsup01 you get the coolest buckle frames over there.too bad it wasn't complete :crying02: nice IH! :twirlingeyes:

del
04-18-2010, 08:32 AM
glad you got out John , great looking whole escutcheon plate . congrats on the indian as well

John M
04-18-2010, 09:18 AM
glad you got out John , great looking whole escutcheon plate . congrats on the indian as well

Was the site the horse people mention.Looks like a big site but I didn't detect it that much.Nice long section of the old road is still intact as well.

nice john! if they missed those targets there's bound to be other stuff they missed thumbsup01 you get the coolest buckle frames over there.too bad it wasn't complete :crying02: nice IH! :twirlingeyes:

Hopefully there is more there.Have to go back when everything isn't soaked and give it some more time.

angellionel
04-18-2010, 07:33 PM
I like the old Indian Head. That place is definitely worth another visit.