PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances...

CTDirtFisher
03-06-2013, 06:15 PM
What are the chances to hit two parks in seperate towns and recover a WWI pin from each :dontknow:

Well... Hop in your time machine and go back to last night... You don't have a time machine... ok ok... I'll tell the story and show you pictures...

Its Tuesday @ 4:30pm... hmmm... 90 minutes of light left and I have a few spots that are only 1/2 mile from my home I can hit... Equipment is already in the trunk... 5 minutes later I'm swinging my coil... This is the spot that I got the 1908 Dog Tag , Merc, IH, and Skeleton Key last Saturday... The 1st half hour was pretty bleek... then 2 wheaties came to light... both are 1940... Then next to a pine tree @ a shallow 3... Hello Mr. Buffalo...

[attachimg=1]

It was dark 6:05... I for a low 30's conductive tone one way and barely a blip 90 degrees out...

I could see it was :usaflag: shaped... but that was all...

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Original Look: World War Worker

&quot:grin:OING MY BIT FOR OVER THERE

I believe over there is a World War 1 quote but just guessing.

Remember the famous WWI song &quot:daydream:ver There?

Johnnie get your gun...the Yanks are coming! http://www.firstworldwar.com/audio/overthere.htm

Chorus
Over there, over there,
Send the word, send the word over there -
That the Yanks are coming,
The Yanks are coming,
The drums rum-tumming
Ev'rywhere.
So prepare, say a pray'r,
Send the word, send the word to beware.
We'll be over, we're coming over,
And we won't come back till it's over
Over there.

[attachimg=4]

Fast forward to tonight... I travel a town over and hit the old park I called Indian Park a few years back (due to all of the IHs it yielded)...

Low and slow looking for anything that I missed... I only landed two keepers...

A 1911 Wheat Penny and a pin with AEF and 2 Chevron's on it...

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=6]

[attachimg=7]

[attachimg=8]

The American Expeditionary Forces or AEF were the United States Armed Forces sent to Europe in World War I. During the United States campaigns in World War I the AEF fought in France alongside French and British allied forces in the last year of the war, against Imperial German forces. The AEF helped the French Army on the Western Front during the Aisne Offensive (at Château-Thierry and Belleau Wood) in June 1918, and fought its major actions in the Saint-Mihiel and Meuse-Argonne Offensives in late 1918.

whammy
03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Very cool finds. Congratulations on some great saves. :congrats:

buck57
03-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Great couple of finds there CT.. thumbsup01. I like the unusual goodies where you hav to research about them. Big congrats to ya. |:cheering:

Lodge Scent
03-06-2013, 09:17 PM
What are the chances to hit two parks in seperate towns and recover a WWI pin from each

Let's put it this way. I'll BET you can't do it again ! lol

Pretty nice finds!

Skamaniac
03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Nice finds! I enjoyed the pics.

Rob L
03-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Great finds. You'll never do it again, the odds must be astronomical .

CODY
03-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Very nice finds. Love the pins :smitten: :congrats:

aloldstuff
03-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Great post. Love the history and pictures. What are the odds of getting a 3rd....... I wonder if there might have been some sort of rally held in both of the spots??

starman2
03-07-2013, 10:08 AM
|:cheering: The chances are very slim. But you found them. WTG on some cool keepers, and momentos! Waiting for the ground to thaw here \:[!

Ill Digger
03-07-2013, 10:17 AM
....... I wonder if there might have been some sort of rally held in both of the spots??
:yes: That's kinda what I was thinking too Al. :thinkingabout:
I'm sure there were plenty of rallies around in those times to build morale. ::usaflag::

I don't know what the chances are.... :confused: But what are the chances you'll find another one before the end of the week? :dontknow: lol
Probably ; slim to none, but you never know whats in the next hole... :drool:
Two cool finds Paul! :peace:
Congrats! :grin:

tanacat
03-07-2013, 11:03 AM
:clapping: Yay for military relics! Esp WWI Amazing odds... :shocked04:stretcher:

I love the aged effect on the World War Worker pin- neat that there's still a bit of color. What a great story and info- thanks for sharing!

Tony Two-Cent
03-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Two very cool finds, Paul! :yes:

Way to go! :clapping:

ssserena
03-07-2013, 02:04 PM
I really like this find!Cool stuff!