PDA

View Full Version : Hey Y'all From Charlotte, North Cackalacky

smittyman
03-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Just wanted to stick my nose in and say Hey! I've been addicted 'bout a year now. I started with a White's Coinmaster Pro and after about 6 months I thought that I had this hobby pretty much figured out. I decided to make the jump to a V3i. I quickly found out just how little I do know. So I'm looking forward to much enlightenment from the folks here. I hope to be able to contribute something helpful occasionally. If I say something stoopid, it's OK to point or laugh - just don't point And laugh.

Tony Two-Cent
03-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Howdy, Smittyman! Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

I think more has been written about the V3i than any other machine. I'm sure you have probably already checked out the Whites section of our forum. Lots of good info there.

Looking forward to you participation on the forum! Feel free to post some of your finds. |:cheering:

Ill Digger
03-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Hey smittyman! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from yet another Illinoisan! :waving:
I can hardly wait to see what you unearth down in your neck of the woods! :-> :drool:

aloldstuff
03-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Smittyman, welcome from western MA. I also am running with the V3i, lots to learn. Looking forward to your future posts.....

del
03-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Hello Smittyman , welcome to the forum . Don't worry we rarely point around here ;) and after about a dozen years detecting i still laugh at myself from time to time lol lol we have a few great people with a lot of experience on the v3i and there are some good discussions about the various topics . you should be busy for a bit reading those , i wish you the best this season and hope to see a lot of great finds from you soon.

Dan

jkress
03-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the group from Iowa smittyman. :waving:

As said above, there are some very experienced V3 users here and all are more than happy to help with any questions you might have.

Don't forget to post your hunts here. :->

CODY
03-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Welcome aboard from Mississippi. No such thing as stoopid. lol Looking forward to your finds and post.

TennBob
03-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Hello !! to you, from tennbob well come to the forum i lived in charlotte to in the 80's ridgelock place off of hwy.51 next to pineville. now kingsport tn / start out with pr-set first ,go slow :detecting: when you get to know it you will love the v3i
tennbob

Mudder
03-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the group, from South Mississippi. thumbsup01

copperpenny
03-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Welcome from So Cal, HH !!!!!!!!!!

smittyman
03-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Thanks all! I really appreciate the warm welcome. I'm already picking up on some things that I had questions about but I still have plenty of questions left. I'm looking forward to finding something worth posting soon.

Fire Fighter 43
03-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. You should get the help you need from here, good luck and happy hunting.

OxShoeDrew
03-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Welcome from the nutmeg state!

smittyman
03-26-2013, 07:09 AM
Thanks all! I haven't been posting but I'm reading and learning. One of my huntin buddies said the other day that he would've wrapped that V around a tree by now. I'm just stubborn I guess. With this forum's help I'll get it figured out. Y'all keep posting - I'll keep learnin'.

Lowjiber
03-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Welcome aboard from southern Nevada.

Cackalacky, huh? That's the sound I had to use to describe my car's problems to the mechanic. I wish I had known about Cackalacky back then.

Just kidding.

tanacat
03-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Howdy from the hollers of Kentucky! :waving:

Sorry for the late welcome! I also started with a Coinmaster (Prizm IV) and quickly moved to a V3i when I realized it was going to be a life-long passion |:cheering:

Hope to see some pics and hear some stories of your finds- love your enthusiasm and sense of humor!

:perfect10:

Wisconsin Lockman
04-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Welcome from West Central Wisconsin.