PDA

View Full Version : Foul weather finds

hoser
04-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Boy what a difference a day can make. Friday the temps were in the 80's and sunny. T-shirt weather to hunt in. However yesterday was a whole different ballgame. 34 and SNOWING :shocked04: >:\ I got permission to hunt a park like area owned by one of the dentists here in town. He said sure, but he brought in a bunch of fill for the area. I decided to give it a try anyway. There seemed to be a lot of junk there too. I found the entire movement to a mantle clock that would never TICK again. lol I was into the hunt for around twenty minutes when I got a pretty strong signal coming in around 12-46. The target was buried around 6 and when I finally found it I thought I had found a lighter. As I examined it I noticed there was no hinge like you would find on your typical lighter, and on the top it was stamped Gillett so I kinda figured it had to do with shaving, but couldn't get the lid off at that time. I continued searching and got a good signal that read as a dime. I kept digging the plug and it was around 10 deep but I kept going. By then Patti came over to see what I was doing with such a deep hole. :shocked04:stretcher: lol I kept digging a little and scanning the hole till I lost the signal in the hole. I dug through the pile and out popped this little beauty and in pretty good condition too. :drool: The only other decent find I made was this old button that the entire back was rotted away. Even though the weather was bad it was a good day.

xzlr8n
04-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Congrats on the Barber - looks like it has full LIBERTY. Gillete blade holder is a nice relic, congrats.

ProPointer
04-18-2010, 10:03 AM
thumbsup01 . Th shaver blades are really neat. Nice to see em' in one piece.

del
04-18-2010, 01:50 PM
wow nice deep dime and a real beauty too , congrats on it and the blade holder too.

coinnut
04-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Nice silver Barber. Hey a Barber and a shave too lol Sorry, couldn't resist :embarrassed: I bet you wish that guy never dumped new dirt there. Just imagine what's under that dirt form the 10 - 20 inch range. :ticked: Glad you saved that one, she is a beauty!!

angellionel
04-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Wow, Bill! That is a beautiful Barber! I bet she sounded off great. Congrats! thumbsup01

toehead
04-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Sawweet looking barber Bill! Look out Angel their appears to be competition! ;)

Ill Digger
04-19-2010, 08:12 AM
The barber is awesome!!
And the blade holder is very unique !!
Congrats :grin:

hoser
04-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks all. Yep toehead I feel I have Angel on the run now. rofl I scared him into going out and finding eleven more silvers. rofl

Beefcake
04-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Sweet finds Hoser! That button looks like one I found a few years ago... Do a google search on British Royal Navy buttons and you'll see the different types of that button. Nice silver buddy!!

SeabeeRon
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Those are some sweet finds Brother Bee Bill!! :grin: :twirlingeyes: