PDA

View Full Version : Todays hunt. 3/7/13

CODY
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Got permission to hunt an old house today. According to the owner it was built in the late 1800's by her family. She told me that over the years it had been moved around three times, on the same property, by block and tackle.
[attachimg=1]
There had been several out buildings that had been torn down over the years. Next to this shed there use to be a blacksmith shop. She said that before her grandfather passed away, he told them he had hidden silver dollars under the flooring of the shop. She said they found two old icecream cans with around a thousand coins. Mostly silver dollars.
[attachimg=2]
So to say the least, I thought this place has potential.
Well, the only thing I dug up was one wheat, a little clad, a 1943 Merc. and the little sterling ring. Pretty sure the stone is not real. But I'll have it checked.
[attachimg=3][attachimg=4][attachimg=5]
I also looked in the house. Found these four whistles and another wheat. The whistles are a Goldsmith, two Wilson Acme Thunderer's and a Field Champion. I think someone trained dogs.
[attachimg=6]
She told me I could keep these also. Will probably be going back. There's like a 120 acres involved. Happy Hunting All.

buck57
03-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Congrat's on securing 120 acres of hunting ground. That keep you busy a week or two lol
Two silvers on the first hunt is surely a good sign. :yes: Good luck on the next hunt thumbsup01

del
03-07-2013, 06:47 PM
it looks like a great place to explore Cody and thats a pretty good start , congrats |:cheering:

aloldstuff
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Cody, I hope that you had your drooling under control when you heard about the silver dollars..... rofl. Getting some more silver for the jar...priceless. 120 acres is a huge hunk of land.

CODY
03-07-2013, 07:37 PM
On the ring. I thought I saw something wrote in script after the word sterling. I finally figured it out. It says Kiddie Gem Looked it up on the internet. Its a silver and rhinestone childs ring that was popular in the 1940's.

skribnodsister
03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Nice finds Cody! Sweet little ring! Hope you find lots more when you go back. Congrats on the Silver :peace:

Tony Two-Cent
03-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Cool finds, Cody! That looks like a dream site to hunt! :drool:

starman2
03-09-2013, 05:12 PM
:congrats: on the great finds! Theres more there then meets the eye. :crossfingers:Good luck with all that ground to cover!!

PL8MAN
03-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Cool finds thumbsup01

POKIE73
03-10-2013, 05:54 AM
great looking spot i bet you just got started there will be many more finds to come congrtas on a great hunt and some for the jar dennis :waving: :waving: