PDA

View Full Version : Had a snow-less few hours

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM
There was a few hours between storms where one could actually see some grass which enabled me to get out in my yard and shake off the cob webs. I've been over this area with four previous detectors, including my current one. This time I used a larger coil and was more attentive to staying low and slow.
The LC is dateless. I thought the sunburst dandy was a chicken hawk before I wiped the dirt off. :rolleyes:
I have the info on who lived in my area over the last 300 years, I'm going to try and match the monogram with a person. I think there is total gold under the dirt on that button. :shocked01:
Thanks for looking, enjoy the snow!

aloldstuff
03-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Low and Slow does pay off, took me awhile to get the hang of that. :congrats: on the keepers

del
03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
hey Drew nice Connecticut National Guard button :smitten: and congrats on the largie

this was going to be a good weekend until the 9 inches of more snow this morning :shocked04:verreaction: :girlcry: :girlcry: :needadrink:

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Al....sometimes I say to myself, &quot:daydream:kay, I want to find something today so I slow down and listen for coil on the grass, and watch out not to lift on the ends....other days I want to exercise and cursorily hit as much ground as possible.....those days are high and fast :detecting:

Dan, so that is a Ct National Guard button? wow, it would have to be after 1903 when they consolidated into CNG. That late date would explain the heavy gilt left on it.

del
03-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Drew , the button will clean up nice using either lemon juice or naval jelly or even diluted CLR and water . you can get a better idea of the date by seeingthe backmark on the back.would love to see it all cleaned up.

Dan

Lodge Scent
03-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Nice hunt !

BKM
03-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Nice find Drew. Low & slow is always a good idea.

We should get rid of the latest snow by early next week and hopefully be done with it for good.

Whatcha doing April break?

OxShoeDrew
03-09-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm free April break Brian :detecting: :happydance01: :detecting:
.....and we'll have to reschedule today's hunt Dan.....about 4 inches melted today :happy:

BKM
03-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Sounds like a plan, we'll find a date & place that works for us.

Catch you later.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-16-2013, 09:37 PM
nice hunt Drew!